Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letter of Invitation to Canada - Question!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter of Invitation to Canada - Question!!

I would like to write a letter of invitation for my boyfriend to come to Canada on a Temporary Residence Visa but I am currently in DR until May and we would like to process the application before then. My question is can I write this invitation letter while I am here or does it need to have proof that it was sent from Canada?
    Thanks!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessiejayne View Post
    I would like to write a letter of invitation for my boyfriend to come to Canada on a Temporary Residence Visa but I am currently in DR until May and we would like to process the application before then. My question is can I write this invitation letter while I am here or does it need to have proof that it was sent from Canada?
    Thanks!
    When my husband and I invited some dominican friends to visit us in Canada, I wrote de letter and I was in the D.R. The letter was included in our friends visitor visa application.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Save yourself the grief and money. Hardly anyone ever gets approved on a temporary visitor visa with a girlfriend issuing the letter of invitation!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Just looking for an answer to my question...
    I have heard it all before about the chances blah blah but I am giving it a shot. Not much to be lost from trying really.
    Any helpful information or ideas from those who have tried this is greatly appreciated!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Did not mean to rain on your parade but to make sure you knew that it is next to impossible.

That said......

Yes you can issue the invitation letter from here.BUT you must have proof of your income in Canada and your ability to pay for everything should he go awol. What you earn here will not count. they want proof of income while you are there.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

There has been a huge increase in the number of TRV's being issued in the last year.

Your odds for approval are so much better if you apply while you are living in the DR together.

Saying that, if you will be staying with family in Canada then you would be better to have them write the letter of invitation and submit proof of whatever financial support you will have (his, yours, your parents/family etc).

I think most of the couples that have received visitor visas lately have given a reason for travel (like family event, christmas holiday etc.) I think you have better odds if there is a reason for the trip other than just to go on a holiday.

Make sure to provide proof that you are living together because like DMV said, a girlfriend in Canada applying for a boyfriend to come does not give you great odds. With your situation you at least have a 50-50 chance!

Good luck!
    Sangria

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank for the helpful replys!
    Couple questions....
    When we visit Canada we will be staying with my Dad so I am sure I could have him write a letter of invitation however I won't be returning to DR with my boyfriend if we do, and I am not sure how this fits into the letter or does it need to at all?

I currently don't have income here, just using my savings, so how bad does this look for purposes of the bank statement?

Should I have a letter from my employer in Canada stating that I will be returning to work while my boyfriend is visiting?

Since the chances are not great, I just want to be sure we do everything right to at least give it our best shot!

Thanks!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jessie Jayne,

In your letter I would just say that you are currently living in DR with your bf, and leave it at that. Also, maybe submit a copy of the rental agreement, or pay stubs of the apartment you have rented there, with both of your names on it. The more proof u submit that you're here in DR, the better. If you draw attention to the fact that you will be remaining in Canada, that will only work against you. You should definitely not lie on the application, because that will come back to bite you in the butt, but just make them understand that upon submitting the applciation, you're living here in DR, and just leave it at that.
    Also, if you can get additional proof of finances, whether it be from your dad... or get your dad to also write a letter of invitation inviting your bf to come and stay in his home (therefore, accommodations paid for and won't be an additional expense).
    You do not need to have the letter of invite sent from Canada. When my bf got his visitors visa in October, my parents wrote the letter of invitation, since we were going to be staying at their house over the christmas holidays, and then I just had them sign it and scan it into the computer, so my bf and I could print it from here in DR, and it also had their signatures on it....
    Your boyfriend should submit a letter from his employer stating that he can have the days off of work that he has asked for and that he understands that he is expected back at work on such and such a date....
    It really is a gamble, but one thing is for sure: if you don't try, you definitely won't get it. So good luck.
    Again, submit the application WHILE you are still living in DR. I believe that reason is why my bf got the visa... with proof that I live and work in DR.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMV123 View Post
    Did not mean to rain on your parade but to make sure you knew that it is next to impossible.

That said......

Yes you can issue the invitation letter from here.BUT you must have proof of your income in Canada and your ability to pay for everything should he go awol. What you earn here will not count. they want proof of income while you are there.
    We are talking about a visitor visa not a resident visa. Sponsorship applies for resident visa not visitor.

engineerfg

Ignore all the negativity. My friend invited his gf - she went in the morning and had the bloody visa at 3pm. chaching. I helped him write the letter locally, it doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast