Gangs around the Republic

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Anything to read up on this? There is territory and clubs that belong to certain areas and small outfits but I seldom hear of the same stories as I do in LA like Crips and blah de blah at war etc.
It is a good thing but I am sure it must exist. My relative speaks of this zone and that zone but not actual grief between gangs, or if any only a few.
The Republic is always trying to follow the US, so why not the silly childish names and colour coordinated bandana?
Well?

dominicanadian

Aug 30, 2010
In the DR the gangs are called the "policia" "militar" you must be living on the top of pico duarte?? Otherwise Word on the net is the mexican gangs are there to set up shop and the Hells Angles have a new chapter in the DR, So im sure other gangs are there or will be in the near future. Hopefully the soon to be dictator can do somethin before they get too powerful. otherwise it will just make a bad situation worse.

Jan 3, 2003
Hopefully the soon to be dictator can do somethin before they get too powerful. otherwise it will just make a bad situation worse.

Well with the weak leaders we have such as Leonel who himself is afraid of these gangs and human rights activists, the situation is going to get worse. Crime will continue to rise as the worldwide economic picture continues to decline as food, gas, and other necessities of life skyrocket in price.

Eventually, when the gangs themselves take hold and run the show as they are in Mexico then someone will come on the scene and deal brutally with these gangs. The DR has a powerful military which if unleashed can eliminate the gang problem within weeks.

By utilizing Dominican craftiness, the military can lull all gang members into their confidence under some false pretense. Once rounded up, they can execute them all immediately and cast their bodies into the sea for the sharks to eat. Of course, their clothing must be removed because we don't want our sharks getting sick on clothing or choking.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
In the DR the gangs are called the "policia" "militar" you must be living on the top of pico duarte?? Otherwise Word on the net is the mexican gangs are there to set up shop and the Hells Angles have a new chapter in the DR

I am aware the HA's have been around for a long time, mainly on the north coast apparently. I see absolutely no reason why Mexican gangs would set up in the republic, that would be stupid, they have a far easier walk into the us with drugs than the swim they would need to take from the island, moving to DR is utterly counter productive. Remember the Republic just a bus stop for drug transportation.

I don't live onto of a hill, I watch the news every day and rarely see gangs named, plenty of gang activity but never do I hear a certain gang blamed or any news on blues stepping on reds toes and a war kicking off.

ssarkas

Oct 9, 2007
the police and military shoot their knees. not as dangerous when they cant walk. gangs are about money. when they start to make money the police and mil. start to lose it. hence shoot their knees.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
the police and military shoot their knees. not as dangerous when they cant walk. gangs are about money. when they start to make money the police and mil. start to lose it. hence shoot their knees.

I doubt the average street punk in SD has much to do with the money side of things. From what I have seen I expect it is the guys further up the ladder who are the people we see executed every other day on the news. The bottom ranked street punks kill each other off I would suspect.

dominicanadian

Aug 30, 2010
I was reading in the Santo domingo paper that the mexican capos are looking for supplies to make meth, extasy ect ,as it is easy to get what they need in the DR. As far as gangs go, It's all about territory, it does not matter that its farther away from the USA. Its another option, another route, different connections. Dont be naive to think that these gangs do not desire to be global like any other organization. Weak corrupt government is what these organizations eat for breakfast lunch and dinner, and i agree with onions/carrots totally. Also i dont like the corruption with the militar, and politur, but can you blame them? everything is expensive, and they make peanuts just like the youth that join these gangs they dont have much of a choice, If they had Govt that cared about the people as much as they do about there personal bank accounts they might be alright. Mabey if the policia, and militar made more money they would have a choice to do good, right now they just dont have that luxuary.