Real Estate Taxes

batism01

Feb 22, 2011
Can someone break this down for me? Does this mean that if i have a house in dr and it cost,it keep it simple RD100.00, I have to pay 4.5% in taxes on that amount?

Inheritance of Real Estate by Foreigners

There are no restrictions on foreigners inheriting title to real property in the Dominican Republic. Inheritance taxes have been recently lowered to 3% of the appraised value of the estate. If the beneficiary resides outside the Dominican Republic, inheritance taxes are subject to a 50% surcharge, raising the tax rate to 4.5%.

Inheritance of real estate is governed by Dominican law which provides for ?forced heirship?: part of the inheritance must go to certain heirs by law. For example, a foreigner with a child must reserve 50% of the estate to that child despite the existence of a will or of the law of his country of residence. To avoid the application of Dominican rules of inheritance to the estate, it is advisable for foreigners to hold real estate indirectly through a holding company.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If you want the DR1 lawyer to respond to your post, you will have to repost in the legal section. That is the only one he monitors.

Michal 55

Jul 21, 2011
If you consult the lawyer how related to tax on real estate tell better for us because it his profession and he give you all necessary information which is helpful for you in this regard . In different countries different taxes impose on real estate industry.