nagua / rio san juan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Getting away from trash and garbage, can anyone provide me with some insight about the nagua/ rio san juan areas ? is it clean ? low crime ? is it cheaper to live there rather than other more popuar areas ? I am new and trying to learn as much about the area before visiting.
thanks, chuck

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Getting away from trash and garbage, can anyone provide me with some insight about the nagua/ rio san juan areas ? is it clean ? low crime ? is it cheaper to live there rather than other more popuar areas ? I am new and trying to learn as much about the area before visiting.
thanks, chuck

In that area, I find Cabrera to be clean and nicer than the other towns you mentioned.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
thanks John, the thing about cabarete I'm told there are many beggers and scammers as it is tourist oriented, my reference to the garbage was related to the post on all the trash visable in the DR. lol
You have a good day John and whatever you can share with me I appreciate.
saludos

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Cabrera, not Cabarete.
Cabrera is a small and friendly town with beautiful beaches few miles after you pass Rio San Juan

I copied the following from another thread. It was posted yesterday:

"I like Caberera myself, within 10 miuntes from la entrada beach were a beautiful fresh water river flows into the Atlantic. also within 10 minutes, Playa grande, playa diamonte, laguna dudu,laguna azul both fresh water cenotes were you can cliff jump and rope swing. In the town you can find a beautiful water fall were you can watch the local kids jump. Caberera is very freindly and the people dont seem to be in your pocket as much as the really touristy areas."

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Thanks John and Ken. John , I understand the two are different towns, Cabarete is just a bit too tourist for me . I read what I'd previously written and it confused me too. lol !
I'll start researching Caberera now and thanks so much for the tip.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
If you'd like any more info on Cabrera, feel free to PM me. I live here in Cabrera and just LOVE it! Like Johnny said, Cabrera is right in-between Nagua and Rio San Juan... and in my opinion, the nicest of the three. Very safe, pretty clean compared to a lot of other towns, extremely friendly, close knit community and a great location, close to many beautiful beaches and other natural attractions. Are you just coming on vacation? What are you looking to do while here?

Status
Not open for further replies.