Anyone else notice taxes go up AGAIN !!!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
Was just looking for tickets (air only) in April out of Toronto to Puerto Plata and see that Air Transats taxes are now $358 and Sunwings taxes are $360...

Seriously when is it going to stop ?

Reactions: waytogo

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I think you might have made a mistake, the following is a round trip ticket on American Airlines from Toronto (YYZ) to Puerto Plata (POP) leaving Toronto on April 3rd and returning on April 12th.

(Connecting Flight in Miami both ways)

Passenger Type Used in Pricing Adult
Departure Fare per Person 140.00 USD
Return Fare per Person 141.00 USD
Total Fare per Person 281.00 USD

Additional Taxes and Fees per Person * 175.30 USD

Total Round Trip Price 456.30 USD

(Or did I use the wrong Toronto?)

SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
another fuel surcharges have been added

The quote I made was an actual reservation I created on AA.Com, just did not book it.

Total Taxes and Fees per Person was 175.30 USD (Round Trip)

If one accidentally doubled it, then it would be 350.60 USD, maybe that was the error in the OP?s original post, or he was quoting for two people and did not say that.......

SantiagoDR

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The quote I made was an actual reservation I created on AA.Com, just did not book it.

Total Taxes and Fees per Person was 175.30 USD (Round Trip)

If one accidentally doubled it, then it would be 350.60 USD, maybe that was the error in the OP?s original post, or he was quoting for two people and did not say that.......

SantiagoDR

The OP was referring to charter air, not scheduled. Unfortunately, the Canadian charters tend to have extremely high taxes added in.

Also, to the best of my information, she does not fly from Toronto since that is a long distance from her home.

Reactions: Lucille

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
The OP was referring to charter air, not scheduled. Unfortunately, the Canadian charters tend to have extremely high taxes added in.

Also, to the best of my information, she does not fly from Toronto since that is a long distance from her home.

I was talking about Charter flights... I use to fly out through the USA but flying with a baby sola it's a lot easier to fly direct.

La_Prof I do fly out of Toronto - airports practically in my backyard lol

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Oops! Somehow I thought that you were in Alberta. My mistake, sorry.