back from BC/SD

lainydoll

Jan 2, 2011
alrighty so heres my trip...

2/9/2011 flew into SDQ at 11:30 after 14 hours of flying.. BIL to DEN to PHI to SDQ. my bf picked me up and we drove to the house in BC that we were renting for the two weeks id be there. finally found it and had my very first Presidente beer. not too bad for me even though i am not a beer drinker. after an hour of talking and drinking beer we finally went to our rooms and past out. the next mornin, which was thursday, my bf left at 6am to be at the field so i got up made a cup of Santo Domingo coffee and drank it from the rooftop terrace of the house. what a great way to wake up! my best friend and her boyfriend finally get up and we all get dressed to go to lunch on the beach in BC. we drove down the street and encountered a guy with a badge hanging from his neck and he told Steevy, my bestie's bf, that he would take us to a place to eat on the beach. and BTW Steevy is Haitian and speaks spanish quite well but is not from DR. anyway so we follow this guy who leads us to a parking lot, where we park our car and get out and he leads us to a patio with table and chairs and umbrellas and tells us to sit and he would bring some menus. we order drinks and then our food which on the menu is reasonably priced. about an hour later our food arrives and we eat and finally my bf calls to tell us hes done so we finish up and ask for the bill... and heres where you guys are goin to make fun of me... we get the bill and the total bill for the three of us is ..... $2,970RD! crazy, right? yeah well we tried to argue but to no avail we finally gave up and paid and left. we meet up with my bf and i tell him about our lunch and he freaked out! and from that point on i was told NEVER go anywhere without him.. that night he takes me into SD and we must have drove around that city for 4 hours not really stopping but just showing me where everything is and to see the city at night. and after that back to BC

Friday and all the rest of the mornings i just stayed at the house afraid to leave without my bf. but friday afternoon after he was back he took me to the beach in BC. my first impression. typical beach. not too many people there but no one respected the beauty and threw trash where ever they wanted, which is disappointing to me. after the beach we drove straight to the city again. this time stoppin at the Christopher Columbus Lighthouse. we didnt go in but walked around a bit there and stopped to watch some kids flying kites and then off to Zona Colonial. walked around a bit there went to see Alcazar de Colon the plaza the church and a museum there. had dinner at a roadside place and back home.

Saturday he picked me up after he was done with baseball and had me pack for the weekend. and back into SD to stay at his family's house. that night we had dinner with his family and then he and i went to a neighborhood that he grew up in they call "breezes del mar" we hung out in a little park with all his homeboys about a block away from the sea and there i had my first taste of Brugal and apple juice. and honestly i dont remember much after that :eek:

Sunday we got up and he took me and his sister to the Botanic Garden. what a beautiful place! and after that we had Bon ice cream and back to his family's house for dinner and the the drive home to BC.

Monday he picked me up and we headed to Playa Guayacanes. so relaxing and so calm. us and another table was all that was on the section of beach we stayed in. had some "johnnycakes" and Presidente and after the sun set, we headed back home to get ready to go out for Vday. we went into SD again where he took me to Adrian Tropical. it was packed but he knew the owners and we were seated right away. what a sight to eat right on the sea! and then we walked along the Malecon, and people watched.

Tuesday and Wednesday i gave him a break from all the driving and let him relax. me and my best friend walked down to the beach and collected seashells and relaxed then home to cook dinner. we stayed in watching tv and playing uno.

Thursday he had an incident at the field that caused us to spend the evening at the hospital in SD.

Friday he picked me up told me to pack for the next three days and we headed back into SD. at the end of our street was a guy sellin fruit and Oliver bought me a container full of every fruit you can imagine and we ate it on the wat to the city. it was YUMMY! stayed with his family friday night for dinner and then we got all dressed up and headed out. went to the Malecon and hung out in some of the street bars there and then home.

Saturday was my best friends birthday and he bf took her to San Francisco de Macoris. so we drove out there around 4. the drive there was beautiful. once you get out of the city its a whole different view. mountains and lush trees and rice patties everywhere. once we got to SF we found a nice little hotel next to a park where they were sellin masks for Carnival and of course i bought one =) got dressed and drove out of the city for about an hour on a unpaved road up a mountain to the most beautiful house.where they had a pool and terraces with pool tables and fountains and there my bff's bf surprised her with a party for her bday! we danced and swam and sang and drank all night long!

Sunday we got up early and headed to La Vega for Carnival. we got there around 10 and people had already started to pack the city. we had to wait for Olivers brother to come to La Vega and he hadnt even left SD yet so we decided to go into Santiago. he wanted to show me the Monumento a los Heros de la Restauracion. it was raining when we first got there but it started to lighten up so we walked up to the Monument and took a few pictures of the city from there. and then walked down below where there were some rides and venders. we sat at a truck vender and talked with some local kids before heading back to meet up with his brother. back in La Vega it was PACKED. we finally found a place to park the car and walked to the street where the Carnval was being held. walking beside him i was smacked in the ass a few thousand times before i had my bf walked behind me and his brother in front of me. it was shoulder to shoulder all along the street where there was drinking and dancing and costums galore! after a few hours of the Carnival, people started to leave so we did as well because traffic was goin to be hectic. people driving crazy all the way home! we stopped in Bonao and ate at a rest stop and continued home to Boca Chica.

Monday one of Olivers team mates girlfriend came so we picked her up and headed into SD to give her the tour of the city by night, this time i had to give the history lessons which Oliver said i did very well! and after driving for two hours around the city we went back to BC

Tuesday Oliver and his teammate dropped off his gf at the house and we slept in until 10 got dressed and went to the beach, just her and I. then home to get ready and back into SD to the malls and tourist shops where we bought souviners for my family and then back home to drink my last night in DR.

Weds got up and headed to the airport and said our "see you soons"

Today, woke up to -12 and snow :disappoin

life sucks back in the states... jajaj

lainydoll

Jan 2, 2011
i mean i did miss some things, like hot water ALL THE TIME, being able to flush toilet paper down the toilet, my comfy bed, my dog...and thats about it! lol