Santiago DR - Manchester UK... help

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
Can anyone find a return flight from STI to MAN for less than $1550?

1 person, travelling Wed 27th April - Sun 15th May

So hard to find cheap deals. Delta and AA both bump prices up when ive confirmed and put details in and click to pay. Quotes me $1300 then suddenly says, oh no actually its more now, and its $1600. Rip offs!

Thanks guys!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am going to suggest STI-FLL-LGA onSpirit (La Guardia, in New York City) Then to MAN\\

Or STL-FLL on Spirit and then MIA-MAN

I have found Spirit to be the cheapest, with un-Godly-hours--bit if money is im[portant...its what to fly. I am supposing it is cheaper from NY to MAN...and I know it is more expensive New York - DR than it is NY to London or Paris!!

Try it and see. Don't use Expedia or Travelocity, but each airline's own site...

Worth the trouble.

HB

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
I have heard that if you go to PP airport and there are spare seats on the charters to the UK then you can get one way for 250-300 dollars if a British passport holder.
There are low cost airlines to Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Madrid etc. bookable over the internet from PP. You can book a separate hop from these cities to Manchester by low cost airline.

Yanandu.

boniouk

Aug 17, 2010
Its my gf who lives in DR. She doesn't have a british passport so makes it so much harder to get her here for a good price. The only thing that does help it all is that shes a costa rican national and doesnt need a visa to go through a lot of places. other than that. finding it very hard.

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
low cost airlines to europe may be the answer.
Cheap tickets :: Jetairfly.com : boekings-engine
has tickets to brussels from 199 euros from puerto plata depending on date.
from bussels there are low cost flights to manchester.
also possible santo domingo to madrid - again low cost flights to manchester.
i don't know if costa rica passport only is acceptable for brussels.
Yanandu

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And she would need a visa to go through any US gateway to Europe..Go with Yanandu's suggestions IF she has a visa to the EU.

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Its my gf who lives in DR. She doesn't have a british passport so makes it so much harder to get her here for a good price. The only thing that does help it all is that shes a costa rican national and doesnt need a visa to go through a lot of places. other than that. finding it very hard.
Forgive me boniouk .........
I know this was not part of your question & that (like all good Brits) you trust your young lady's word BUT ...............
Are you 100% certain that she is from Costa Rica? Have you seen & verified the Passport? I would assume you have as I am sure as a Cost Rican National she would have had to have obtained a visa from the British Consulate/Embassy. To get to Britain via Europe she would instead need a Shengen visa.

If you have not already checked this situation YOURSELF with the F.C.O may I recommend that you do? If you have problems with getting information re the need of a visa for a C.R National, drop me a PM & I'll take the question to the Puerto Plata British Consul & respond direct to you!

Again, I ask your forgiveness for raising the question - it is just that I have lived here for so long & seen so many last minute 'Forgot to tell you Mi Amor but ..........' problems that screw up the best laid plans of mice & men!!
Might I humbly suggest that you don't lay out the money for a ticket (round trip or otherwise) until you are 100% certain
a) That your Girlfriend IS from Costa Rica &
b) That she DOES already have (or does not need) one or the other of the visas mentioned above.

Good Luck in your endeavours ~ Grahame.

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Costa Rica does does not need EU visa.
But check.
Yanandu.

I was quite surprised reading this, but I checked and it actually says Costa Ricans don't need a visa to visit UK (didn't check other countries).

I'm amazed, I would have thought we'll get quite a few of them here. But I haven't come across many of them here in London at least - but I again I don't get out much these days ... ! :ermm::surprised