US Passport Renewal in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Anyone recently renew their US Passport in Pop? How long did it take?
Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It has to be much more pleasurable than anywhere else, no matter how long it takes!!

That office is, in the words of several people: SWEET!

Just go there and do the paperwork..It will be timely and as fast as possible, rest assured. Unless you need emergency travel documents, avoid Santo Domingo like the plague...

HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Anyone recently renew their US Passport in Pop? How long did it take?

I agree with Hillbilly. I renewed my passport there. They send the papers to Santo Domingo and let you know when you can pick up your passport. I forget what the wait time was, maybe a week. But it was not overly long.

It is faster if you go to Santo Domingo, but unless you have an emergency situation, I highly recommend working with the office in Puerto Plata. I also had experience renewing in Santo Domingo and will not do that again if it can possibly be avoided.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
The office sounds great.
Ken did you really get it in a week?
I went to the US website and below is the current processing time so I'd think if it has to be mailed back and forth it would take longer.

ROUTINE SERVICE

As of ( Sunday February 27, 2011 ), we are processing routine applications in approximately 4-6 weeks from the time of application.

EXPEDITED SERVICE*
As of ( Sunday February 27, 2011 ), we are processing requests for expedited service, that include overnight delivery to and from the Passport Agency, about 2-3 weeks door-to-door*.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
anng3, I don't recall exactly how long it took. But I don't remember it as being a month or more. But that was a few years ago and procedures now may be different.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It's in the phne book, call and ask...get the word fromthe office not some dumb state department website where all they care about is covering their butts...

HB

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Called and left message on machine and emailed. Made some more calls and found it takes 3-4 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.