anyone know how to report an unreasonably noisy neighbour in sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I know that one can report to someone as they have been round asking if cows are a nuisance to us (they werent)......I would like to report another type of cow now- so if anyone knows how to go about this I will welcome the information

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I know that one can report to someone as they have been round asking if cows are a nuisance to us (they werent)......I would like to report another type of cow now- so if anyone knows how to go about this I will welcome the information

You should repost this in the legal section to get an answer from a lawyer.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Is it just me having a bad night or do all of the above posts make no sense at all......

B in Santiago

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
is a euro cow- think there is some sort of health authority to report to, but have no idea where to go

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Think like a Domincan. Go tell them to turn the noise down, then if that doesn't work, bribe a few cops to scare the life out of them. If that has no effect, then it looks like you might be moving :)

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
neighbors

This is the single worst thing about buying a house here. Your neighbors could open a bar, lead smelter , chicken BBQ , car wash, car auto-body repair and paint shop next door and really you can't do much. There is a lot of big or beer talk on these forums about what they would or if..... The best insurance is to rent , or if buying , live in an area where there are some controls , or buy a darn big piece of property . Just my thoughts. I think my neighbor has all of the above : )

Reactions: Celt202

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is the single worst thing about buying a house here. Your neighbors could open a bar, lead smelter , chicken BBQ , car wash, car auto-body repair and paint shop next door and really you can't do much. There is a lot of big or beer talk on these forums about what they would or if..... The best insurance is to rent , or if buying , live in an area where there are some controls , or buy a darn big piece of property . Just my thoughts. I think my neighbor has all of the above : )

Our buy in an area that you know will never have those problems.
Many Dominicans hate noise just like many of us.

The small colmado at the end of my street doesn't play music.
If it did, I guarantee the neighbors would stop using it or burn it down.

At the back of our office building, guy had some noisy chickens, They lasted 2 days, maybe less. You either remove them or they become dinner, take your pick.

One piece of advice, make sure you wander around the neighborhood and make sure it has no schools. Not only noisy, but can be a traffic nightmare at times.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
to the original poster with noisy neighbors, drop by their place with a shot gun and tell them you'll make some noise for them if they don't quiet down pronto.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
will you do it for me Im a very quiet perfect neighbour, those are the type that usually go mad with a shotgun

...and if you are reading this the solution is to put up a fence so the dogs cant see two hundred yards in the distance, simple really

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
will you do it for me Im a very quiet perfect neighbour, those are the type that usually go mad with a shotgun

...and if you are reading this the solution is to put up a fence so the dogs cant see two hundred yards in the distance, simple really

Have you considered asking him to STFU nicely or do you put on your Depends and surf?

You can rent a pair of granos at CMP I am told.

tio tambo'

Reactions: waytogo

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not to divert this from some funny stuff, with beans and rentals and cows and bulls, but there are Environmental Prosecutors who are warranted to put a stop to noise, which is just another type of contamination.

If you go to the local office of the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources and file a complaint, They will probably do something. While it mightnot be permanent, it should serve as a wake up call and perhaps, just perhaps, calm things down.

It's worth a try anyway...

And there is a Dominican saying: "They are white and understand each other"...Ellos son blancos y se entienden.

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.