Mens silver necklace

Status
Not open for further replies.

shane

Mar 1, 2011
I purchased a mens silver chain at a market in Puerto Plata near the resort I stayed in (Grand Marien) , however it was stolen out of my luggage at the POP airport. I know I will never get that one back but I really miss it, and would love to find another one like it. Does anyone know where I can purchase one online to have sent home to Canada?

shane

Mar 1, 2011
Just like this one.

15000_SilverChain_Figaro_11mm_3_001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Given it's a fairly simple chain, your local jeweler should be able to purchase one for you.

And to all others reading this: never put valuables in your checked luggage.

shane

Mar 1, 2011
to all reading this never travel to the dominican republic the people are theives including government employees... my family just cancelled their vacation in may... no money from us.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Not sure. I've had suitcases opened and pilfered in London, New York and Brussels.
So far not in DR but it could happen.

shane

Mar 1, 2011
Because where I come from people don't steal from other people... especially in air ports.... if I knew who did it down there I would be dealing with them accordingly.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
to all reading this never travel to the dominican republic the people are theives including government employees... my family just cancelled their vacation in may... no money from us.

wow. your WHOLE family cancelled their next vacation? that'll teach those thieving Dominicans!! i quake in fear that one day your family is mad at me :tired:

Reactions: jrhartley

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Apparently it's a place where they don't sell silver chains.

I have had stuff stolen from my chack baggage before. It's one of the hazards of leaving your house and happens all over the World. My coping strategy was to stop having my laundry done before the return trip. My check baggage is now safe. :classic:

Last edited by a moderator:

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
Sorry for your loss!
what an extraordinary piece of jewelry,
If I were you I would never come back either.

and if you ever,ever leave your planet again be sure not to make that mistake twice Manu

IBNYSD

Aug 12, 2009
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Just like this one.

15000_SilverChain_Figaro_11mm_3_001.jpg

Shane sorry to hear of your misfortune this can happen anywhere. I work as a jeweler here Columbus Ohio, although I concentrate largely on diamond good - bridals, lady?s fashion etc. If you cannot find the chain there at a local jeweler like someone mentioned before I will be able to help you.
I have located the chain in different lengths, width and weights. If I can be of any help just send me a note.

Take care, I wish you well
Yusuf

Status
Not open for further replies.