Best Beach at a Beach Resort in DR. PLEASE HELP

rltriplett

Mar 1, 2011
Several years ago my wife and I went to Punta Cana and stayed at "Excellence Punta Cana" it was fabulous. the best beach I have ever stayed at.

Here we are several years latter and wanting to plan another Dominican Vacation.

My question is, Where besides "Excellence Punta Cana" can I find a Beautiful beach that we can layout on and enter the water without shoes. I hate it when there are a bunch of rocks in the water to dodge.

We are not crazy picky but would love a beautiful beach setting. Hopefully secluded & adult only but more importantly just a super nice rock free beach.

Oh we are in are 30's and have no kids. not so interested in nightlife as much as relaxing and laying on the beach.

DR2001

Jan 2, 2011
Perhaps check out Catalonia Royal - adult only, great food and great private beach and of course the infinity pool. And if you want some entertainment you can visit the sister resort. Just a thought...But then the beach further up the coast (around the Iberostar) is wonderful.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Perhaps check out Catalonia Royal - adult only, great food and great private beach and of course the infinity pool. And if you want some entertainment you can visit the sister resort. Just a thought...But then the beach further up the coast (around the Iberostar) is wonderful.

I disagree. Catalonia to me has the worst strech of beach of all the resorts in PC.
Macao is great. and the best strech is in from of Majestic Elegance. the best resort for the price in the area too.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Best Beaches

Hi:

Move on from the All-inclusives. The beaches on the Samana Peninsula are much nicer and much less crowded than in Punta Cana where most of the North American "Touristas" frequent. If you live in Canada you can fly directly into El Catey Airport which is 45 minutes from Las Terrenas, otherwise fly in SD Las Americas Airport and rent a car. It is about a 2hr 15min ride. Las Terrenas has many bars and restaurants, many of which are owned by French and Italians, so you know the food is outstanding. The many of the bar/discos are open until 4AM. Accommodations run from about $70.00 to $400.00 a night. You will see beaches here that are uncrowded and quiet with gently water and total sand bottom that will knock your socks off. Once you have come to the Northeast Cost you will never return to Punta Cana. If you want some photographic proof send me a private message and I will send you photos of many beaches in the area.

S

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
I agree with LTSteve...

I have been to many places in the DR, and by far the most beautiful beaches I've seen were outside of Las Terrenas. Playa Bonita and Coson are especially gorgeous.

jonvelas

Jan 29, 2010
gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com
Best Beach - Best Beaches at Hotel Resort and around the Samana Peninsula

Probably the most exclusive and secluded beaches in Dominican Republic
are to be found on the Samana Peninsula.
Amongs others : Playa Rincon, the Beach at Cayo Levantado Island - Bacardi Island, Playa El Valle, Playa Coson, Playa Bonita, Playa Fronton, the endless beaches at Las Terrenas are about 20 to 30 kilometers long ...

You will find some interesting information at these 2 websites :

Village of Santa Barbara de Samana : Go Samana | Dominican Republic - The village of Samana

Village of Las Terrenas : Peninsula de samana -

Enjoy the Spectacular Samana Peninsula !
;) Jon