Need advice-traveling with mother

bgpa

Mar 2, 2011
My 68 year old mother needs some R&R, so I want to surprise her with a vacation in Punta Cana. I am looking for a quiet, low stress, all inclusive trip. Any recommendations?

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
From what I have heard from people the best resorts for your needs would be Iberostar Bavaro or Melia Caribe Tropical. Obviously you would want to steer away from the resorts that cater for young adults (with many night clubs ect) and family resorts (noisy little tackers).
At the end of the day it comes down to price check around and even email any resorts that you are interested in stating your needs.
There are so many resorts here in Punta Cana research lots, Im sure you will find something that suits

Good Luck!

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Be aware that Melia Caribe is a very large resort - you need to use the shuttle train to get around it.

Take a look at Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana (15 minutes from airport), Catalonia Bavaro & Catalonia Royal (20 mins from airport), NH Royal Beach & NH Real Arena (30 mins from airport) All are easy to walk around. All have calm waters all year round.
map of all hotels

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Be aware that Melia Caribe is a very large resort - you need to use the shuttle train to get around it.

Take a look at Secrets Sanctuary Cap Cana (15 minutes from airport), Catalonia Bavaro & Catalonia Royal (20 mins from airport), NH Royal Beach & NH Real Arena (30 mins from airport) All are easy to walk around. All have calm waters all year round.
map of all hotels Punta Cana Map | punta cana tv

very good recommendations as usual, Yumi.
I would also add the Majestic Elegance to the List.

important is to choose a mid or small sized property, not a large monsetr resort where you need a Tram when you wanna go back to the room to use the bathroom there etc.
the Blau Natura Park Eco resort is also a nice property, small sized, very calm Beach, not in the high range of Rates, beautiful place.

Mike