US passport renewal

DanaP

May 23, 2007
How long does an expedited passport renewal take in SD vs. regular service

I have an appointment this coming Wed. Thanks!!

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
I don't believe there is an expedited service, just did mine in Nov 2010 in Santo Domingo and was told 6 to 8 weeks. It was 8 weeks (+) to get it back.

Look on page two of the Legal section under PASSPORT RENEWAL and you will find more posts regarding this and my recent experience.

You will also fine this link;
Embassy of the United States Dominican Republic - Passports
good luck!
lt

DanaP

May 23, 2007
ugh

That is horrible news! My son needs to visit his father during Easter break (based on our custody agreement). I realize I have been irresponsible, but is there nothing I can do

yikes!

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
A little off topic, I appologize. I'd like to know if you ever get a reply from the embassy.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
ok

I got an immediate form response -Thank you for emailing the US embassy in Santo Domingo...........- but nothing more today.

I will keep you posted......

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Thats more than I've ever gotten from them. Good luck....I've crossed my fingers for you!

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I'd like to know what they say too. On another thread a woman sent her sons passport and his airline ticket to his dad out of country and the dad did the expedited and sent it back here. Maybe this can be an option.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'd like to know what they say too. On another thread a woman sent her sons passport and his airline ticket to his dad out of country and the dad did the expedited and sent it back here. Maybe this can be an option.

Sounds like a good idea. Expedited service is available in the US, just costs more than regular service.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
phew

So, I had our appointment today. A mere 3.5 hours in the embassy. I said that my son had to travel on April 1st and they said I should have the passport in 2 weeks!!!

I attempted to by pass the delivery service, as I have heard that they are responsible for a significant delay, but they told me it was mandatory.

crossing my fingers!! vamos a ver que paso

:pirate: D

DanaP

May 23, 2007
and....

it's correct that expedited service is NOT available as a payment option. I believe the officer choose whether to expedite it or not based on your situation.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
Status update

So, as of Tuesday, the passport had been printed in the US and shipped back to the embassy of origin. That was SOOOO fast!!! I applied on Wednesday and the US had the passport back in the DR in less than a week.

Yet, now it is the hands of the DomEx delivery service. Nothing arrived this week. I`ll call them tomorrow to see what the status is.

I`m a happy :bunny: at this point. :cheeky:

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Nice to know our consulate is still capable of doing its job. Now, if only they could develop some consistency.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
So, as of Tuesday, the passport had been printed in the US and shipped back to the embassy of origin. That was SOOOO fast!!! I applied on Wednesday and the US had the passport back in the DR in less than a week.

Yet, now it is the hands of the DomEx delivery service. Nothing arrived this week. I`ll call them tomorrow to see what the status is.

Great news. Thanks for letting us know.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
that same day if not the next day

You must have diplomatic relations for a time frame of one or two days, lucky you.

Curious to hear from the OP about the Domex delivery time/delay.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
Dom Ex

So, spoke with DomEx today, they say their San Pedro delivery route is expected to run on Friday or Saturday. This would make the whole process take just over 2 weeks. once again......

vamos a ver... ;)

p.s. I don't know what this 1 or 2 day nonsense is. Please instruct me of your magical ways!!

DanaP

May 23, 2007
huh

A little off topic, I appologize. I'd like to know if you ever get a reply from the embassy.

I just realized that I had emailed the embassy asking for an emergency situation, i.e. the custody situation, and besides the immediate form response I never heard another peep. Way to go.

As with most things here, the only way to get things done is in person. I should've known better.....:ermm:

DanaP

May 23, 2007
Arrived!!!!

A mere 2.5 weeks for delivery to Juan Dolio!!!

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny: