Tex Mexican restaurant Gorditas in Ocean Dream Plaza, Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We just got back from lunch at Gordita's, at the Ocean Dream Plaza, next to Yamazoto. We both had burritos which were good. At the moment they are serving burritos and tacos with options of pork, beef, chicken and fish (mahi-mahi).

The owners are from Santa Cruz, California and as you might imagine the place is set up very much like a fast food Mexican place from that region. They plan to add other menu items as they grow their business, which I hope does happen. Good luck to them.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Ate there last night....good prices, small portions, fast service, nice chips 'n sauce. Need a better selection of beer and expanded menu, but happy they're here! Also wish 'em well.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I just tried their tacos for the first time....ordered one each of chicken, pork and fish soft tacos. The bill was a little under 200 pesos and all three were EXCELLENT!!! The owners and staff are all very nice and the place feels like it's very well run. This is the type of place Cabarete's been missing for a while...I hope they are around for a loooong time!!!

castleburger

Sep 4, 2006
I was stopping in for sushi and just happened to stumble in on Gorditos. More than excelent. This is an authentic Cali-Mex taco shop. Perfect in every way. The fish tacos were out of this world. Found myself back at the counter ordering more. I took some beef and been tacos with me and wish I had taken more. The owner hinted that maybe in the future they will add Cali style taquitos to the menu. I will be a regular customer and wont mind the drive from Puerto Plata to Cabarete for these tacos. And the hot sauce. They have diverent levels for all tastes. I enjoyed the top. It's very hard to find good hot sauce in this country. The owner and his wife are very nice and genuinely happy to meet all the customers. And the prices are very in reasonable I hope this place is around for a very long time.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
They're a really nice family; they go to our church. They've been in the restaurant industry forever and it shows. My husband and I have eaten there a few times already. They do have really tasty food. We're Americans and this is the first place we've found really American style food here. I love the cuisine here on the Island, but it is nice to have something familiar once in a while! Spread the word!!

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Yes, my wife and I have eaten there a few times and enjoy the food. They have a super hot sauce if you like that. The family running it are super nice people trying very hard to do well and they deliver the goods. Price is right...

Kandi

Aug 1, 2011
We are in Cabarete and have eaten in many beautiful restaurants but we LOVE Gorditos!!! So fresh and delicious, very high quality food and super reasonable. It's not a romantic place (go to the beach for for that) But we all think it's the BEST food we've had and think they should open in Miami too!
We love you Gorditos! ;-)

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
We are in Cabarete and have eaten in many beautiful restaurants but we LOVE Gorditos!!! So fresh and delicious, very high quality food and super reasonable. It's not a romantic place (go to the beach for for that) But we all think it's the BEST food we've had and think they should open in Miami too!
We love you Gorditos! ;-)

Yeah, they have great stuff and excellent service!

If you want some more good food to eat at reasonable prices but then at the beach, I suggest you try El Kiosco just outside Cabarete towards Sosua. Great food, excellent cook and friendly service.

Status
Not open for further replies.