I can't beleive it DR will take H.Mejia back

encounter3000

Feb 26, 2006
These people that vote for him, must not have lived in DR when he was president. Be ready to exchange your money to US and wait a few years to change it back to pesos again. It will jump even higher then before, I am going to predict, 1US to 60-70 pesos, 2014. They are worst then the people of Nicaragua that voted there new president. Nothing else to say.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
When it comes to being offered jobs or money, even the most "so called" smart Dominicans in some cases will forget about the past.

Many people have not got anything out of the PLD in regards to a handout or job etc.
So they will work at being seen to support the PRD by bringing in voters, make an effort to turn up at rallies etc. They do this as someone higher up the food chain has promised them a job if the PRD win. This is how many supporters are recruited and how votes are brought.

They will get the President they deserve. If that President turns out to be a complete incompetent idiot, then that is a reflection on the people that elected him or her.

If the PRD got back in power, I would seriously consider leaving the DR.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
When it comes to being offered jobs or money, even the most "so called" smart Dominicans in some cases will forget about the past.

Many people have not got anything out of the PLD in regards to a handout or job etc.
So they will work at being seen to support the PRD by bringing in voters, make an effort to turn up at rallies etc. They do this as someone higher up the food chain has promised them a job if the PRD win. This is how many supporters are recruited and how votes are brought.

They will get the President they deserve. If that President turns out to be a complete incompetent idiot, then that is a reflection on the people that elected him or her.

If the PRD got back in power, I would seriously consider leaving the DR.
Maybe it's time to re-introduce this:

I Plan on Being Installed as Benevolent Grand Poobah for Life of the DR Shortly

I have some new proclamations:

-There will be a total ban on any light on a vehicle on the roads in excess of 65W. There can be no more that two (2) of these.

-It shall be illegal for a begger to rub his tummy and ask for food (or pesos) while eating a sucker, cracker, dolce or any other food.

-Every day will be Christmas Eve so we can have yummy spit-roasted road-side pork.

-I will raise import duty of any Johnny Walker product 3 pesos per bottle. The money collected will be used to build 3 nukuler power plants and offer free electricity to every Dominican for life. That's just the first year.

-I will create the DBI. Decibel Bureau of Investigation. You WILL have the "right" to remain silent.;)

-I will build "motorcycle only" lanes on all public roads. o

-"No Hay" willl no longer be considered a stocked store item.

-I will add strict Personal Hygeine Laws to current Immigration statutes. Foreigners will have to pass them in order to come into the country.

:classic:

What are yours?

Reactions: SantiagoDR

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I saw this coming but few believed me when I said so a couple of years ago

These people that vote for him, must not have lived in DR when he was president. Be ready to exchange your money to US and wait a few years to change it back to pesos again. It will jump even higher then before, I am going to predict, 1US to 60-70 pesos, 2014. They are worst then the people of Nicaragua that voted there new president. Nothing else to say.

It wasn't more than a couple of years ago that I predicted he would be back. I was ridiculed here. I didn't take it personally because I knew it was about Hipolito not me. Some didn't want to believe it's possible. It won't be the first time an unpopular leader found his way back into power in the Dominican Republic.

Anyone who is still confused about how it could be possible should read the reports of cedulas for sale. Besides all the money Hipolito has from various "sources," he has wide support in the military. Soto Jimenez has many reasons to be in his corner and many other military people can expect to be rewarded with high ranking posts and carte blanche to operate various "entertainment" businesses.

Llego Papa!

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006

when he was in power the peso was 15 to the dollar to 54 to the dollar. So your estimate of 70 I think might be a little low and don't have your money in the banks they might fold or be robbed by some general.