Fubright Scholarships

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I dont know what that has to do with the Fulbright.

So Annie, they want you to submit the application to the US Embassy? There is a huge stipend with that grant isnt there? $250K US? When is the deadline?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I dont know what that has to do with the Fulbright.

So Annie, they want you to submit the application to the US Embassy? There is a huge stipend with that grant isnt there? $250K US? When is the deadline?

La Link!

reada la link!!

and stipend means that you just get bare bones... not enough to bring your family but enough so that you will not have to wash dishes

Actually, Germany has the most Fulbright scholars who come to the US to study

The Fulbright Program: An International Education Partnership

the Fulbright would be forever and always on your resume

like a MacCarthur Genius grant, which, incidently was just won by Haitian American author Edwidge Dandicat

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/22/arts/22macarthur.html

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I read it. And it said nothing about cash. It is also meant for Dominican nationals who would like to study any field except medical ones abroad. The problem is the people I know who could take advantage of this arent fluent in english which is another requirement.

And it is the MacArthur that comes with the 250K.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
I read it. And it said nothing about cash. It is also meant for Dominican nationals who would like to study any field except medical ones abroad. The problem is the people I know who could take advantage of this arent fluent in english which is another requirement.

And it is the MacArthur that comes with the 250K.

yup

have to be fluent in English

and will only get the stipend

best that you shoot for the MacArthur then..right? But you are still gonna have to do your work in English..That one comes with 100k a year for five years

Still the main... although not official, language of the US.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Well, IF there were someone who studied Political Science at UASD and got this stipend he could do real well at the State U Of NY Albany School of Government Affairs. They offer MA in all forms of Public Policy and Social Policy, even conferring PhDs. He would just have to know enough functional english. But that would be a career builder.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Well, IF there were someone who studied Political Science at UASD and got this stipend he could do real well at the State U Of NY Albany School of Government Affairs. They offer MA in all forms of Public Policy and Social Policy, even conferring PhDs. He would just have to know enough functional english. But that would be a career builder.

I would simply try to pass the information on...

I think that US would look favorably on Dominican applicants..

It really does not look that good that we are

educating

well

Germans