How much is to ship kitten (live) to NYC or Miami?

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
The deal is that i have sphynx cats and people in USA want to buy our kittens, but i have no idea how much would it cost to send kitten by airplane and the procedure... I know it is possible to do and people do that.

I know about vaccination, paper from vet etc, but when it comes to the airport, what to do, where to go? With who to talk? How much and to who to pay? Meaning that the kitten will travel alone and new owners will meet him in US airport.

I will send from POP or STI.

By the way, do cats need to have chip to enter USA?

Thanks!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Pets flying to the states

Hi:

First of all you need to tell me where in the US is the cat going? Some airlines will ship pets without the owner on board. American Airlines will send pets in a climate controlled cargo area. You need to find out which airline services the city you are sending the cat to and go to their website or call the airline to find out the charges. I believe American charges somewhere between $150 and $200 USD. Neither cats nor dogs need a chip to enter the US from the DR. Good luck.

S

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Continental has the best reputation for animals..... not cheap, but very reliable... a direct line for animal shipments that tracks the progress all the way.

Go to, or call United Cargo at POP....Lucia is the girl's name.

I was there on Tuesday for a dog shipment.

WW

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
can you post the picture? i love sphynx but miesposo says they look like demons :) i find them so drop dead cute!

stevegigs

Oct 24, 2007
How much is to ship kitten (live) to NYC or Miami?

I'm not sure how much for (live), but dead are free if they're with checked luggage.

Reactions: Africaida

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Very funny and informative, Steve.

here is picture of my cats
2797d40bf9be.jpg

bef494e3fa23.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
OMG! totally cute!
i love the wrinkled butt of the kitteh climbing up on the first picture :)
absolutely adorable!

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Well, mi esposo loves them not less then i do. Even though he freaked out when saw them first time. They are very special cats, super smart and very loving. Plus their skin is very nice to touch, like human. And i love that i dont have fur flying around me, as it was when i had angora cat.