Looking for a small apartment In Puerto Plata

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
I want to rent a small furnished apartment, or studio, in Puerto Plata for 5 months, starting october 2011. I am not looking for luxury. This will be for two persons. We are quiet and resonsable. I am looking for one bedroom and a kitchen equiped with gaz and refrigerator. I know DR very well and I speak english. french and spanish. Contact Me at: franberu@gmail.com

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
You are way too early to start this search. Too much can and will change between now and October. I would suggest you start your search in August.

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
Never too soon

Thank you for your opinion but my esperience is telling me that it is never too soon to make the first contact with the owners even if the transaction is to be delayed to august.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Thank you for your opinion but my esperience is telling me that it is never too soon to make the first contact with the owners even if the transaction is to be delayed to august.

Totally agreee with you, we're having enquiries for late 2011/early 2012 already (and have been for weeks).
Good luck with your search.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
i WOULD LIKE TO ADD THAT MY BUDGET PERMITS ME TO RENT FOR 400$ TO 475$ PER MONTH. i AM NOT LOOKING FOR LUXURY...

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
Interested only in Puerto Plata

This year I was in Sosua but next year I want to stay in Puerto Plata.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I agree with DMV 123. There is a big difference between scheduling well in advance on a vacation rental for a few days to maybe a month or so at most (at inflated vacation rental prices) and doing the same when you are renting an apartment for 5 months. Most landlords who are willing and able to rent a place for that length of time are dealing with residents, whether they be Dominicans or expats. They either don't know when/if someone will move out and they will have an opening, or are reluctant to commit a large block of time several months down the road for fear that they will lose out on possible long time renters in the intervening period who won't want to get into a situation where they will have to move out in a few months.

Reactions: Bronxboy

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I may be of some help for you. I’ve lived here in the north for awhile and just moved into the POP area. Made several contacts for apt all within your price range and amenities required. What I found within the price range you are budgeting for was that many units did not have kitchen appliances, as well as no basic furniture. However, I did find via a good friend a place that so far I’m very happy to be living in. It is an apt block (6 units), very central, and with excellent safety features attached. . The owners live next door and would provide a lease based on your time requirement. At present there are actually 2 units (2nd floor) that are available. They're fully furnished, 2Bdrms, 1 bath, appliances, balcony, ceiling fans, elect incl. (maxRD900), inverter for each unit. The only drawback for me is that it is cold water only, and at times the security dogs in the back. If you want, PM me and I could take some photos of my place and send them to you, as well as keep you updated on the availability.

Last edited:

Gilles Beaulieu

Apr 7, 2010
2Bdrms, 1 bath, appliances, balcony, ceiling fans, elect incl. (maxRD900),
Bermuda Rum.
==========================================================

900$rd it's less than 25$us.

I will take 2 like that.
Be serious por favor.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
2Bdrms, 1 bath, appliances, balcony, ceiling fans, elect incl. (maxRD900),
Bermuda Rum.
==========================================================

900$rd it's less than 25$us.

I will take 2 like that.
Be serious por favor.

My bad, I guess I should have stated the RD900 of electricity is paid by the owner. Any amount used over that is paid by the tenant. As for the monthly rental, that should be discussed with the owner, However, I did say that it would be in the budget requirements of the OP. Is that serious enough for you Gilles?

BermudaRum

Reactions: mike l

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
hey bermuda;

Can you give me a rough idea where the apartment is? Might be something i would be interested in. You can P.M me.

thanks

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
Thyinking about it I could be interested to rent it for a year and find a sub-locstor for the period I am not there.....

Betts

Mar 16, 2011
Can anyone tell me of some decent rental units for short term use that are inexpensive. I have friends that would like to come to POP for short stays but do not want to stay at resorts. If there are some private units that anyone knows of I would like to pass on the information to them. They do not want luxury - just basic necessities for an affordable price. If any landlords are looking for quiet, responsible tenants pls contact me.