Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: De Lancer Internet - Terrible Service

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is over 6 years old now. I thought to ask how is the internet in Perla Marina? I heard they recently installed fibre optics for some buildings/casa's but not ALL. Did Claro ever show up after 6 years?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They offer double speed now for same price, same service. Even after recent price drop they are still more expensive than Claro. Claro has only DSL lines - no hope for fast internet. BlueFish, Las Olas, Maquey and Sol de Plata Gardens have wireless Claro service.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bred View Post
    They offer double speed now for same price, same service. Even after recent price drop they are still more expensive than Claro. Claro has only DSL lines - no hope for fast internet. BlueFish, Las Olas, Maquey and Sol de Plata Gardens have wireless Claro service.
    I was at the Bluefish 2 weeks ago and they recently had Delancer fibre optics installed.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    I was at the Bluefish 2 weeks ago and they recently had Delancer fibre optics installed.
    About 6 months ago. Same quality as before.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bred View Post
    About 6 months ago. Same quality as before.
    Are you referring to BlueFish? As far as working online using voip (like Skype) and download and upload files, would you say this is inadequate? Assuming you live there, have you done any internet speed tests?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Something I find very strange about the Sosua/Cabarete area. When you try to ask questions about internet reception in a given area and what Company to use, you get very little feedback. You get replies from, "mine is good but I dont use it much so we are happy" to Cable Norte, Claro, Delancer is all crap even with the newly installed Delancer fibre optics? I was focused on Perla Marina but even on Facebook same style replies.Must be a realtor thing, they dont want to publicize the negatives.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    Something I find very strange about the Sosua/Cabarete area. When you try to ask questions about internet reception in a given area and what Company to use, you get very little feedback. You get replies from, "mine is good but I dont use it much so we are happy" to Cable Norte, Claro, Delancer is all crap even with the newly installed Delancer fibre optics? I was focused on Perla Marina but even on Facebook same style replies.Must be a realtor thing, they dont want to publicize the negatives.
    There really has not been anything good to say. With the recent introduction of CLARO fiber optic service in the region, which may be good. Time will tell. Do keep in mind that CLARO and good rarely go together in the same sentence.

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

I was really happy when I left Delancer and got Claro Fiber. Much cheaper and much faster. Reliability was great. The speed increase and drop in price more than offset the cost of my having to dig a trench and run conduit from the claro drop box to my house. Then I moved. Delancer and the other Cable companies pretty much have a captive customer base.

If you have cable tv with one company, you usually get internet from them as well so you don't have to run new wires. At the moment, Delancer is very overpriced and too slow even at their top speed offering. For a country of this size and capability, the minimum and cheapest internet speed available should be in the 20 mbps range and the most attractively priced plan should be in the 50 mbps range and go up from there as speed increases.

With Delancer, internet works most of the time but I swear at the cost and slow speed every day.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am communicating with CLARO customer service as we speak to inquire about fiber optic service. The current experience brings back memories, not good ones. They must have a requirement to hire only people who are truly stupid.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    I am communicating with CLARO customer service as we speak to inquire about fiber optic service. The current experience brings back memories, not good ones. They must have a requirement to hire only people who are truly stupid.
    Agreed! Has Claro installed fibre optics in Perla Marina?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast