Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: De Lancer Internet - Terrible Service

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously Delancer needs new equipment and a faster pipe to/from Comcast in the USA. Delancer has no reason to improve. Faster speeds at cheaper prices are not available to the majority of Delancer's customers at the moment. For the time being, Delancer can continue to make a financial killing offering internet speeds that are comparable to those offered by the dialup companies such as AOL back when modems negotiated connection handshakes at 14,400 bps.

If Claro, or some other provider could be bothered to upgrade entire areas at the same time rather than one group of dwellings here and another group 20 minutes down the road, Delancer would have to adapt and compete or go the way to the dodo, which wouldn't upset me at all. I've given the owners of that company enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their days.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Obviously Delancer needs new equipment and a faster pipe to/from Comcast in the USA. Delancer has no reason to improve. Faster speeds at cheaper prices are not available to the majority of Delancer's customers at the moment. For the time being, Delancer can continue to make a financial killing offering internet speeds that are comparable to those offered by the dialup companies such as AOL back when modems negotiated connection handshakes at 14,400 bps.

If Claro, or some other provider could be bothered to upgrade entire areas at the same time rather than one group of dwellings here and another group 20 minutes down the road, Delancer would have to adapt and compete or go the way to the dodo, which wouldn't upset me at all. I've given the owners of that company enough money to live comfortably for the rest of their days.
    So those who are stating they are getting 20mb-50mb are embellishing? And the Delancer fibre optics still equals the speed of dial up? The who has the best internet coverage and packages in the Perla Marina areas has become the tightest lipped secret on the North Coast. There are so many different opinions, but hard to deceiver whats actually true.
    Last edited by Expat13; 08-13-2017 at 06:56 PM.

99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have Delancer Fiber. Not available in my community. No idea when it might arrive.

I can't offer comment on the experience of those who have fiber service by Delancer. As with Claro, the areas with fiber offered by Delancer are few and far between when compared to the overall Delancer customer base.

My comments pertain entirely to the internet service offered over coax.

4. Likes Expat13 liked this post
    99.9% Regular User
    Post Thanks / Like

As a point of reference: The current Delancer cost for 10mb down and 4mb up is around $RD 8000/month (fastest plan they offer to consumers as far as I know). When I first arrived here in Solsua, that same speed was $USD 250/month.

When I had Claro fiber I paid ~$RD 3700/month for 40mb down & 400 ld minutes to canda and the USA.

At home 60MB (Note the capital letters) is about $CDN 40/month.

6. Likes Expat13 liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in the north west mountains. There is no cable here at all, so no claro phone, no fixed line tv or internet. I have a 30 foot aerial on my roof and the man (?) says it comes from Miami. It costs me RD$800 a month and is fast - well plenty fast enough for me for streaming and for video skyping. There are Dominicans all over the country who are bypassing the normal systems - you just need to find them, they can always sort anything. I should say I have no Claro or Orange signal at all where I live lol.

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

8. Likes Expat13 liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345