Need hotel in Santiago

blacklilah

Jan 25, 2008
Have an early morning flight out of Santiago, and rather then get up at 4am and try to have someone drive us, we're looking for a hotel for one night. I looked at Expedia, Hotels.com, sites like that, but all I'm finding are hotels that are around $100 (US) a night. I know there are cheaper places-all we need is a bed & shower.
Anyone know of a hotel to recommend in Santiago?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Hotel Los Jardines is nice and new, and right up the street you can get breakfast at anyhour at the Supermercado Central!!
Another alternative is the Hotel Colonial, RD$1350 for a double bed, a/c, shower. Basic, student, back packer place and it includes breakfast
Also the Hotel Platino on Estrella Sadhala, near the PUCMM.

I will try and find the Hotel Los Jardines phone number, it is not inthe book...and the webside is iffy. 809 276 8222

HB

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
I can totally agree. We have stayed there a couple of times and it is very nice.
Clean, the staff are very helpful and would not hesitate to stay there anytime.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The Hotel Los Jardines is nice and new, and right up the street you can get breakfast at anyhour at the Supermercado Central!!
Another alternative is the Hotel Colonial, RD$1350 for a double bed, a/c, shower. Basic, student, back packer place and it includes breakfast
Also the Hotel Platino on Estrella Sadhala, near the PUCMM.

I will try and find the Hotel Los Jardines phone number, it is not inthe book...and the webside is iffy. 809 276 8222

HB

You can get Colonial for less than that without the breakfast, which does you no good because of your early flight. There are 3 buildings, you want the middle one. That one doesn't require breakfast being included. Price is around RD$1000. I stay there when in Santiago

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For a quick stay, I have always recommended Colonial. Especially for guys...

HB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
and for the ladies what would you suggest?

Hotel Jardin per HB is perfect place to bring them assuming they don't look like tramps, and if they do, don't let them talk! Platino is across the street from the University...hint hint!

terrible tambo'

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hotel Jardin. It is new, it is near lots of nice places and it is in a nice neighborhood. Number is above. And breakfasts are really good.

HB

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The hotels are good but I can't recommend eating at Supermercado Central because of all of the cockroaches. I admit I've never gotten sick eating there so maybe they really aren't that bad but it's just the idea. :)

I would recommend breakfast at La Campagna, El Supermercado Nacional or Capresso Cafe in Plaza Optimus. All are close to los jardines.

kestephens

Mar 23, 2008
Hotel Jardin per HB is perfect place to bring them assuming they don't look like tramps, and if they do, don't let them talk! Platino is across the street from the University...hint hint!

ok...wait...who are we bringing where and who shouldn't look like a tramp?? I'm a female looking for a place to stay. I must have posted under the wrong topic!! My bad... lmao