Haiti Feeling Jealous and Ungrateful?

May 12, 2005
Anyone catch this beauty from yesterday's Listin Diario? This knucklehead said that after all that has happened in Japan, the world should not forget about Haiti. He said Japan is used to and can handle natural disasters. What about the 10s of billions of dollars the international community gave to your country? Stop whining and get about the business of fixing that complete failure and disaster of your own country.

Embajadora haitiana pide que no se olvide a Hait? tras la tragedia de Jap?n - List?n Diario Digital

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
She, not he :)
La embajadora de Hait? en Espa?a, Yolette Azor-Charles, pidi? hoy que, pese a la tragedia de Jap?n, los medios de comunicaci?n social y la sociedad en su conjunto no se "olviden" del terremoto que azot? a su pa?s en enero de 2010 y que dej? m?s de 200.000 muertos.
Undiplomatic and very poorly timed.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

That is a little taste of the things that Dominicans have to put up with,
a clear depiction of how some Haitians are, you give them a hand but it is never enough, and from one minute to the next they could turn on you, their own, and even kill.

getthesenets

Nov 4, 2010
comment was classless

nobody now or ever in the history of the world has ever respected beggars .....

I think non Haitians should go about their business and allow Haitians to fail or succeed on our own.

People who think they are helping are actually not helping Haiti longterm.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
I knew it

Every since the japanese disaster, I knew that someone would try to remind the world to not forget about hati. I guess a lot of people around the world need help and relief but most to a majority of them go unnoticed. I guess people just need something to complain about. I sent my donations to japan, because I had given to hati also and I keep DR number 1 . In my donations, in my effort to help and support the people and my family, and in my heart. At the same time I wish the best for all people that have been through some diseaster and are oppessed. Take care all and God bless!!!!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com

Exactly.
However I don't think that it came from jealousy or from being ungrateful. I think it was because of frustration because, and plse correct me if I'm wrong, the money that was pledged by the International community only a small part has arrived and in addition in the 16 months since the earthquake very little has been accomplished. There're still a million plus people living in tents made from sheets which is a disgrace in my eyes.

Japan is one of the richest countries in the world and I'm certain that in a year from now they will have cleaned up the disaster area and arranged housing for the homeless.
Even though I believe Haiti is in more urgent need of help than Japan but then again Japan is very important for International Commerce so it's in "everyone's" interest that as soon as possible things are back to normal there in Japan.
Unfortunately the poor will always be last

Last edited:

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Anyone catch this beauty from yesterday's Listin Diario? This knucklehead said that after all that has happened in Japan, the world should not forget about Haiti. He said Japan is used to and can handle natural disasters. What about the 10s of billions of dollars the international community gave to your country? Stop whining and get about the business of fixing that complete failure and disaster of your own country.

Embajadora haitiana pide que no se olvide a Hait? tras la tragedia de Jap?n - List?n Diario Digital

What 10s of billions of dollars? They didnt give money. They pledged money.
And I think people are getting a cold bowl of soup with respect to Japan. I dont know where you guys get your news but that place is a mess. These nuclear reactors are ALL in critical stages. I hear NOTHING about them in the news. Every week the projected deaths have gone up by 10% just from the tsunami, not including future radiation deaths. Last word I heard was about 14,000. And this is projected because they cannot enter the 20 kilo radius of Fukushima to conduct an adequate search. So there is municipal instability of services and confusion in relief services in Japan just as it was in Haiti.

Stop whining? You re funny man...

The worst part of it to me is that no one discusses the danger of the excessive radiation. All of these journalists seriously must have been Literature majors because they know almost nothing about science. I heard one say you can counter the effects of radiation poisoning by consuming Potassium and bananas are a great source of potassium. WHAT?????????????? What kind of sound information is that? For what you are receiving in Fukushima, you would have to eat like 2,000,000 bananas...IF that were effective. It is not. So why intentionally spread home-made anti-nuclear remedies? Quell the peace?

michealkris1

Jan 24, 2010
I agree the statement was in poor taste...but it is incorrect that Haiti was given so much money. The majority of the money is tied up and when it is released, most of it will never trickle down to the regular Joe....What happened in Haiti and Japan is sad and I wish both countries the best....

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I agree the statement was in poor taste...but it is incorrect that Haiti was given so much money. The majority of the money is tied up and when it is released, most of it will never trickle down to the regular Joe....What happened in Haiti and Japan is sad and I wish both countries the best....

An article today in the Dutch newspaper, it can be translated, talks about the slow process of rebuilding Haiti etc.
Wederopbouw Ha?ti trager dan verwacht - Buitenland | Het laatste buitenlandse nieuws leest u op Telegraaf.nl [buitenland]

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The incredible bureaucracy in Haiti, both Haitian and UN, make doing anything a near miracle. Nothing is happening, and probably won't happen until Sweet Micky is installed next month, and then a few months later, things might begin to move...but I would not bet on it...

Haiti has some great people, but the centuries of exploitation have left an indelible mark on them all. I hope something good happens this year.

HB

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
When the Spanish left the Dominican Republic back in the late 1700th, the country was bankrupt but we the Dominicans work hard to make it better and we did compare to Haiti that was Caribbean richest island. So why is it that now Haiti in such much trouble and we are not, it is because of thier own pleople. So the only one to blame are themselves.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
When the Spanish left the Dominican Republic back in the late 1700th, the country was bankrupt but we the Dominicans work hard to make it better and we did compare to Haiti that was Caribbean richest island. So why is it that now Haiti in such much trouble and we are not, it is because of thier own pleople. So the only one to blame are themselves.

Haiti wasn't rich. FRANCE was rich off the backs of Haitians. The Haitians threw the French off and are now to "blame" for their misfortune? Well, at least they starve to death as free Men and Women. If they made bad choices, at least they were their choices to make. The worst of which was paying 'reparations' to their former tormenters, murdering rapists that they were.

At least "Sweet Mickey" has one major political advantage: He can't screw things up any worse than they are now.