A very, rich man in China just bought the Tibetan Mastiff for more than $1.5-mill

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I love dogs as much as the next guy but 1.5 million give me a break!

web-mastiff_1249641cl-3.jpg

World?s most expensive dog sold for $1.5-million. Meet Big Splash, the world?s most expensive dog. A very, very rich man in China just bought the Tibetan Mastiff for more than $1.5-million.

That?s right, million.

?He is a perfect specimen,? Lu Liang, the dog?s breeder, told the Telegraph. ?He has excellent genes and will be a good breeding dog. When I started in this business, ten years ago, I never thought we would see such a price.?

Although the details of the sale were confidential, Lu did divulge that the buyer was a multi-millionaire coal baron from the north of China who paid 10 million yuan for the dog.

Tibetan Masiffs have become popular status symbols among China?s nouveau riche, according to the newspaper.

Big Splash is 11 months old and weighs more than 180 lbs. thanks to a diet of ?chicken and beef, spiced up with exotic Chinese delicacies such as sea cucumber and abalone,? the Telegraph said.

Lu added that while the price may seem high, a little, um, puppy love could see a solid return on investment.

?The buyer told me he thought he was a good investment. As a male dog, he can be hired out to other breeders for as much as 100, 000 yuan a shot. He could recoup his money in just a couple of years,? Lu said.

And the previous holder of the title World?s most expensive dog? It was another Tibetan Mastiff sold for a measly four million yuan (about $600, 000) in 2009.