What do you make of these figures?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Fees and expenses for the residency and citizenship process are as follows: $1425 plus service tax for the provisional residency, $1200 plus service tax for the permanent residency a year after obtaining provisional residency, and $1375 plus service tax for the naturalization. The fees are payable 70% in advance and the balance upon obtaining the particular status requested. For example, for the provisional residency, you would pay $997.50 plus service tax upon retaining us and the balance ($427.50 + service tax) upon obtaining your provisional residency. Total cost for this process is US$4,640 per person, including the 16% service tax.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I think these fees may be pretty good but not fabulous. BUT it depends on what company or what lawyer you are using. IF it is a good reputable company then these are good prices.

I know some companies that charge far more and some individual lawyers who charge less - but you get what you pay for with those.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I've had these forwarded to me by a friend contemplating the move, asking my opinion on price. These are Fabios latest fees.
I personally thought it was quite high. I'm unsure why people go for the expensive options out there, the same job is done in the end of the day. Or maybe not.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I don't think they are too bad. I know someone who paid 1200 US for the first step and 2 years later still has no cedula or residencia.

For Fabio;s firm I think these are not that bad.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Fabios firm was charging $1100 last November ish for stage one. Gone up considerably in a short time.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Fabios firm was charging $1100 last November ish for stage one. Gone up considerably in a short time.

Maybe local fees have gone up as well?

Guzman Ariza are not the cheapest, you might save up to US$200 going with another lawyer.

But...

How much is peace of mind worth and knowing that you're dealing with a firm with an excellent track record?

Plus, they cannot afford to mess up, they have lots of eyeballs watching on DR1 :)

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Maybe local fees have gone up as well?

Guzman Ariza are not the cheapest, you might save up to US$200 going with another lawyer.

But...

How much is peace of mind worth and knowing that you're dealing with a firm with an excellent track record?

Plus, they cannot afford to mess up, they have lots of eyeballs watching on DR1 :)

That, my friend, is what you call priceless peace of mind!:cheeky:

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
Hi there, I am also checking costs for those papers, and it is clear that costs depend a lot on which lawyer firm you are going to use.
I also know that some people try to do the most papers by their own, does not look an impossible adventure, and you really save a lot of money.
First time I asked for total cost I was said 3,000$ because you need to pay money to 2 dominican citizens to sign that kind of paper telling they will take care of you if anything happens.
Now, knowing that many papers I can do by my own and having dominican relatives from my girlfriend who will sign those papers for free, the total cost for my papers will be really low ones ...
Cheers!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Wanna Bet??????

As you have 13 posts,and you already know so much more than those of us who have lived here for 20 years or more!!!!!:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
Cris Colon

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
As you have 13 posts,and you already know so much more than those of us who have lived here for 20 years or more!!!!!:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:
Cris Colon

I'm going to do it without a lawyer, except the parts that legally require a lawyer, and I'll post on my trials and tribulations through the whole process. I do have in my wife's family doctors and lawyers. I know the doctor's are both competent but haven't met the lawyer.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I'm going to do it without a lawyer, except the parts that legally require a lawyer, and I'll post on my trials and tribulations through the whole process. I do have in my wife's family doctors and lawyers. I know the doctor's are both competent but haven't met the lawyer.

Bob you have the knowledge and family to be able to do this, I look forward to reading your experiences.

BUT what do competent doctors have to do with it???? I don't get that part.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Bob you have the knowledge and family to be able to do this, I look forward to reading your experiences.

BUT what do competent doctors have to do with it???? I don't get that part.

Not much I guess. The lawyer is from the same side of the family so I'm guessing she's competent also.

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
getting papers because of parents

Does anyone know if there is a process for getting residency or citizenship based on the fact that both of my parents were born in the dominican republic?

My mother mentioned something to that effect but she wasn't clear about the process.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
We had a young lady looking for the same or very similar info a few weeks ago. I think her parents we dominican (or one of them) but they lived in the US. I think the conclusion was it was a much easier process. I can't be bothered to search for the thread as I will be on it for hours (still can't operate this search option), but it is no older than 3 weeks ago, have a dig about, might find it.

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
I had a problem with a lawyer recommended on DR1. To complete the process I used a French guy who has been active in this market for 5 years: Gilbert Soulie.
I don't know the site rules PM me for details.
Yanandu.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I had a problem with a lawyer recommended on DR1. To complete the process I used a French guy who has been active in this market for 5 years: Gilbert Soulie.
I don't know the site rules PM me for details.
Yanandu.

Who was the lawyer and what was the problem?

PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting it here.