Copa Airline

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Hs anybody travel with Copa airline? it looks like they are bringing heat to
Unted and Delta Wash/Dulles to Santo Domingo corridor by way of Panama.
tickets prices 366 +137 tax. If you did, how does it measures to United and
Delta?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
COPA is an excellent airline. Used them a few times to fly to Colombia.

They have modern planes and a very good on-time record.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
COPA is an excellent airline. Used them a few times to fly to Colombia.

They have modern planes and a very good on-time record.

Cool because they are definitely the best deal too out of all airline, except that
via Panama City vs Mia is a little longer flight and all their return flights arrivals are midnights.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
My experiences with COPA have also been very favorable, flying out of Santiago. They have good connections to Central and South America via Panama. I much prefer them to the pirates at AA, I think it would be worth the extra flying time in order not to get ripped off, groped at Miami airport, or subject to delays and 'no gate available' sheninagans at Miami airport.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Copa is head and shoulders better than American or pretty much any US carrier. I use them frequently to South America through Panama. Also there is a great duty free area in Panama to shop while you are changing planes.

They are affiliated with Continental Airlines and use the same frequent flyer account.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Copa is an absolute ''nightmare'' when trying to make changes of days. They refer your request to another office. The replies can take one or more days. Every person will have a different story and price. Be aware---they charge much more if the flyer cannot fly through MIA(no competition=Dominicans). They particurlarly ''gouge'' on AR flights and other S.A. destinations.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Copa is an absolute ''nightmare'' when trying to make changes of days. They refer your request to another office. The replies can take one or more days. Every person will have a different story and price. Be aware---they charge much more if the flyer cannot fly through MIA(no competition=Dominicans). They particurlarly ''gouge'' on AR flights and other S.A. destinations.

Yep, I hate bad customer service too, I get a headache when I have to call any dominican government office in the US.

It is as if they are always rushing to hang up the phone and sometimes leave you talking on the phone. Just the other day I called the embassy in NY after talking to the vice consul a few minutes earlier I called back for another question related to my issues, then when I told the new operator that the vice consul told me something different to what he was telling me, he had the audacity to ask me why I called again if I already called before and talked to someone.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Thanks to everyone for the info.
Hopefully Alaska Airline will do some
kind of partner agreement with Copa
and provide better fairs.

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Continental owned 1/4 of COPA, hence the nearly identical paint jobs. Continental and United are merging. Continental and United are both members of STAR alliance. COPA just announced joining STAR alliance. I doubt if you will see much in the way of competition between United and COPA. Probably just the opposite.