IPHONE with prepaid cards

marines_faya

Mar 3, 2011
Hey Guys!
I'll be going to study medine at San Pedro de Macoris in May and will like to know if my Iphone unlocked phone will work over there with prepaid cards!!

Thank you

Feb 7, 2007
If it is GSM system Iphone, yes it will work with prepaid cards, from all 3 companies Viva, Claro, and Orange. you will also be able to activate prepaid data plan (3G for Claro and Orange and GPRS/EDGE for Viva) on that phone.

philly

Feb 14, 2003
i was going to use my iphone 3gs but they said i had to unlock it but then after you unlock it you can't power it off...so i decided to just keep using my blackberry

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
i was going to use my iphone 3gs but they said i had to unlock it but then after you unlock it you can't power it off...so i decided to just keep using my blackberry

????? - I and a few others have had our IPhone 3gs unlocked here and they work fine.

russ_offord

Jun 6, 2007
blog.jarabacoa.org
I have an iPhone 3GS with AT&T in USA and I would like to know the process involved with using an Orange SIM card / chip in it for a couple weeks while on vacation in the DR this coming April.

In the past, I have used a DR cell and been able to get a pay as you go type deal for like 300RD or so... As long as I show them a copy of my passport... I've had no problems signing up.

What I'd like to know is how the Orange chip works in terms of buying pay as you go cards with 'minutes' for calls and texts using the USA iPhone... And is it possible to have a pay as you go 'data' too?

I assume I just pay for an Orange SIM Card; replace the SIM card from an unlocked USA iPhone with the Orange SIM card... And voila?!?!

stephrossi

Feb 3, 2011
Your phone just needs to be unlocked, because it won't accept other SIM cards otherwise.
The chip alon on Orange costs 1OO pesos