Root canal and crown

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
I'm in need of a root canal and crown. In the U.S. it hovers around $3,000. Little did I know my job didn't have dental insurance. I mistakenly assumed that any fortune 500 company would have at least basic dental insurance. If I go to the DR it will be in Santiago as I have a few bilingual friends there that can help me as needed. About how much would a root canal and crown cost here?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
From experience I can tell you that even if your company had dental insurance it likely would have only covered a fraction of the cost of a root canal/crown. I am leaving my job next month to move to the DR and looked into getting some work done while I am insured. It will Be MUCH cheaper to wait and get it done in the DR

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If you want the latest in crown and implant technology, go to Dental Cibao in Santiago. Not only is it by far the most modern dental clinic in the DR, I believe they are the only people offering crowns made via 3D CAD/CAM milled from solid porcelain, basically the best you can get. The cost runs around US$1,000 per tooth, but you should contact them for exact pricing.

Smile Design at Dental Cibao - Medical & Dental - Santiago, Dominican Republic.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Done the normal, not =high tech way, I was quoted this''

Root canal 3000 pesos
Crown 10,000 pesos

And I have been there and done that! Great hands and wonderful chairside manner. References...Santiago is a dental Mecca!! Not kidding@!!!!

HB

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
That number. Will the secretary be bi-lingual? I don't think my Spanish is good enough to explain carry on a dialogue about a dental procedure. I emailed them anyway.

If you want the latest in crown and implant technology, go to Dental Cibao in Santiago. Not only is it by far the most modern dental clinic in the DR, I believe they are the only people offering crowns made via 3D CAD/CAM milled from solid porcelain, basically the best you can get. The cost runs around US$1,000 per tooth, but you should contact them for exact pricing.

Smile Design at Dental Cibao - Medical & Dental - Santiago, Dominican Republic.

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
Thinking about purchasing a ticket for monday. Even with the airfare I think it will be nowhere near 3k. At most it would be half.

From experience I can tell you that even if your company had dental insurance it likely would have only covered a fraction of the cost of a root canal/crown. I am leaving my job next month to move to the DR and looked into getting some work done while I am insured. It will Be MUCH cheaper to wait and get it done in the DR

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Let me know and I will make sure the best take care of you...However, you should know that between root canal and crown it takes about a week....

HB

fulanita

Feb 10, 2010
Done the normal, not =high tech way, I was quoted this''

Root canal 3000 pesos
Crown 10,000 pesos

And I have been there and done that! Great hands and wonderful chairside manner. References...Santiago is a dental Mecca!! Not kidding@!!!!

HB

Wow i'm quoted 9.000 pesos in the capital by an endodontist.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Let me know and I will make sure the best take care of you...However, you should know that between root canal and crown it takes about a week....

HB

I think you will find with modern techniques that is no longer the case.

I was told, if the tooth is prone to fracturing after the root canal, they will crown straight away. With 3D CNC technology, they can produce a perfect crown in under an hour.

Also, crowns come in various materials, so why RD$10,000 may sound cheap, it could well be an infused metal crown, not a 100% porcelain crown, which are stronger and last longer.

Dental Cibao will give a lifetime guarantee on their crowns.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
That number. Will the secretary be bi-lingual? I don't think my Spanish is good enough to explain carry on a dialogue about a dental procedure. I emailed them anyway.

Lizther (Periodoncista) in their office speaks excellent English.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
I had undergone a root canal procedure last year and I had insisted on crown but the dentist told me it was not necessary. She charged me 12000 pesos ( a year back) just for the root canal. Now it has started giving me trouble again. So I recommend to verify the dentist for his skills as you know skills counts in any dental procedure

TOTENHAM

Apr 16, 2010
Los Algodones Mexico $180 for root canal $180for crown Some charge up to $300
Dr Virgina Castro is my dentist I have been going there for more then 5years Los Algodones is full of Americans get there teeth done at the many dentists There prescriptions filled there eye glasses and hearing aids. All at good prices