Volunteer Opportunities in Santo Domingo

dpl256

Dec 16, 2010
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any info on volunteer opportunities in Santo Domingo? I moved here in January from the U.S. and have been looking online without much luck. I'm currently taking spanish lessons from a private tutor, but I still have a long way to go with my conversation skills so a place that has some English speakers would be great. I know there are some opportunities teaching English, but I'd rather try some other type of volunteer work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

skippys

Jan 17, 2003
some of your volunteer skills, please.... we are a small orfanato/school in La Urena, always looking for real volunteers...... thanks

dpl256

Dec 16, 2010
I did website development for a financial institution prior to moving to the DR so I am able to do various types of technical work or really any administrative duties that are needed. I don't have any teaching experience, but I am great with kids. My Spanish skills are very limited at the moment. I'm currently in Santo Domingo without a car so La Urena may be too far for me to travel. Is there an easy way to get there via public transportation?

skippys

Jan 17, 2003
absolutely doable

one public bus from parque enriquillo to la urena - RD$30 each way.... about 25 minutes...... pm me and we'll communicate for a visit.... please

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any info on volunteer opportunities in Santo Domingo? I moved here in January from the U.S. and have been looking online without much luck. I'm currently taking spanish lessons from a private tutor, but I still have a long way to go with my conversation skills so a place that has some English speakers would be great. I know there are some opportunities teaching English, but I'd rather try some other type of volunteer work. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Get in touch with Juanita [send her a PM/private message], she does volunteer work with an orphanage in Santo Domingo, I'm sure she can point you in some right directions!

AE

Reactions: Bronxboy