Multiple vs Single

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
Trying to decide between applying for a multiple or single TRV for Canada....Besides the price, does it make a difference which one you apply for? Anyone have experience or information on this it would be appreciated.
We want the multiple but if a single is more likely to be approved we would do that instead...
Thanks in advance!:cheeky:

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Anyone out there want to share whether they applied for single entry or multiple entry?

If it was me I would play it safe and go with single :)

Johana

May 24, 2006
I'm not sure if depends on the relationship to the person applying - but we recently applied for mulitple TRV's for my mother-in-law and she was approved for a 1 year and my father-in-law went today and was approved for a 2 year TRV.

And I'm not sure if applying for a multiple entry helps show that the person plans to return.

Good luck :)

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
I'm not sure if depends on the relationship to the person applying - but we recently applied for mulitple TRV's for my mother-in-law and she was approved for a 1 year and my father-in-law went today and was approved for a 2 year TRV.

And I'm not sure if applying for a multiple entry helps show that the person plans to return.

Good luck :)

Well it's for my boyfriend and because we are living here in DR my Dad is the one inviting him to Canada and I think because of this it might be safer to apply for a single. However I had the same thought about the multiple making it appear more like he would be willing to return.
Either way, thanks for the info and the luck!

Johana

May 24, 2006
Jessiejayne,
I would suggest that you provide as much proof as possible as to your living in the DR and that you will continue to do so after the visit. If you are returning it will give more credibility to the fact that your boyfriend will return as well.
Even if you apply for multiple they could decide to approve a single entry TRV.

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
Jessiejayne,
Even if you apply for multiple they could decide to approve a single entry TRV.

We have decided to apply for a multiple after all and even if they approve a single at least we will have tried. This is one of those times when I am trusting my gut!
Thanks everyone for the info. Wish us luck...heading to Santo Domingo on Monday! EEEK!!

PrincesseEm

Dec 2, 2008
My boyfriend has had 2 single entry visas now and we kick ourselves every single day for not applying for a multiple entry visa the second time around! Sangria mentioned "playing it safe" and it's true perhaps the first time around. Hopefully you're successful and the next time you can apply for multiple entry and get that too!