Comming to dr

RALPHFINE

Mar 13, 2011
Gee
I want to come to dr and spend 3 or 4 months of the year.
I keep reading all this awful stuff.
Is there anywhere a person can come for a few months
be in a safe place near the ocean and not worry about getting mugged ....scamed...robbed...ect
please tell me i can walk the streets in peace in some neigborhoods.
I need to be near Santo Domingo.
I like restaurants a drink and beach ...walking ...fishing
If the government cant make it safe your country will loose millions in revenue from people like me.
Such a beautiful place.

or should I rewrite my plans.

Last edited:

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
If you keep reading all this awful stuff and don't know better then why do you want to come so much, seems a bit silly no? There are plenty of places without awful stuff written about it.

Santo Domingo doesn't have a beach, frustrating with it being on the coast, I know but that's just how it is.

As far as being safe and all the awful stories, well, you only ever hear the nasty stuff anywhere, that's what makes news.
If you're not into drugs, manage to live a peaceful enough life where you are and have a reasonably good head on your shoulders when it comes to travel, know what not to do to bring attention to yourself and all that stuff then you should be as safe in the Republic as anywhere, just remember where you are and live accordingly. Don't trust anyone and go about your business.

RALPHFINE

Mar 13, 2011
hmm

I said beach community safe near santo domingo ..
Doesnt have to be in santo domingo
what are the nicer communities with 10 miles
thanks
i could go to another country but thats what i ask theses questions.
Your answer is is fair but not really on point
i can take care of myself but i dont want to always be in that position.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Coming to the DR

Hi:

Honestly you do not want to live in Boca Chica. It is probably the worst beach community in the DR. Boca Chica is for 25 year old guys looking to party. It is an old resort town that was in vogue about 20 years ago. The beaches there are not even that nice. If you have to be in the Santo Domingo area, Juan Dolio would be a better option. Is it a job or school that is keeping you in the Santo Domingo area? There are some beautiful beach communities in other parts of the country.

S

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Honestly you do not want to live in Boca Chica. It is probably the worst beach community in the DR. Boca Chica is for 25 year old guys looking to party.

Steve is absolutely correct about Boca Chica--it is HORRIBLE!!; however, perhaps you ARE a "25 year old guy looking to party"??