New to the site...Safety in Punta Cana Rentals

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
I have been traveling to the Punta Cana area for many years. We normally would stay at an all inclusive resort and we have always felt safe within the resort. We are wondering if it is safe to wonder about on the local streets, beaches, shops and restaurants?? I read some horror stories of being held up by gunpoint in the North east coast area Las Terrenas etc...anyone have any input on crime in Punta Cana??

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
It's perfectly safe... well, as safe as anyplace can be. If you use common sense, and the same precautions you would use at home and you'll be fine. I've stayed in AI's and my only regret was not having ventured out. Have you already rented a place to stay?

If you'll be in the Cortecito area, maybe you can stop by where my condo is under construction, send me some pics and tell me how it's going. LOL

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
It's Corte Sea. Being built by the same developers as the Arenas de Barvaro 1 and 2. in the same general location as Palm Suites, Santa Maria del Mar 1 and 2, and a few others.

trangalanga

Jun 10, 2011
www.villa-elena-bavaro.com
Bavaro is stabilizing and maturing. The past couple of years have seen an increase in police cars patrolling the streets, and the new Municipality has taken seriously to cleaning the city of garbage. As a result, now Bavaro is IMHO more agreable to live in than it was three years ago.

In general you will be safe. However, there are of course crimes in the area. Some bancas, colmados and shops do get robbed, mainly at night. Some people get assaulted.

As somebody said previously, just take common sense precautions and try to keep in the illuminated part of the street. When moving some distance take a means of transportation instead of walking. If you don't have a car, get a few phone numbers from trusted motoconchos and try to stick to them (will also bring down price dramatically). I wouldn't take a ride with an unknown motoconcho at night.

The people who will steal from you are the close ones who have access to your stuff. Watch them and never let your guard down.

trangalanga

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have been traveling to the Punta Cana area for many years. We normally would stay at an all inclusive resort and we have always felt safe within the resort. We are wondering if it is safe to wonder about on the local streets, beaches, shops and restaurants?? I read some horror stories of being held up by gunpoint in the North east coast area Las Terrenas etc...anyone have any input on crime in Punta Cana??
The horror stories are true. Every day dozens of hapless tourists are gunned down on the streets for their sandals and socks. Dominicans are desperate and shoeless.

Death awaits you in the restaurants. Slow, agonizing, explosive squirt death. To make money, restauranteurs buy only cholera-contaminated platanos because they are cheaper. You're just fooled by the cute little umbrellas.

And the taxis and motoconchos? The exist for one prupose: to take the wimminzes to sankytown where they will be *forced* into gang-dance, each male having at least one song with her...while swollen-chested Dominicanas distract the males with cleavage, smiles and big eyes.

It's horrible out there, I tell you. Just savage. Be afraid.

Stay safely ensconced in your resort, spend your money and play with the many rent-a-friends there.

This message brought to you by the Association of All-Inclusive Resorts.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Sandals and socks.... thats a good one.

Have you seen those socks that have a special toe for your toe ?
That way , you can slip the sandal thong between your toes..... seriously - they make them!!

No, I haven't bought them ...yet :))

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
U must.not be from the usa.. u have a better chance being safe there than going around nyc or some us.cities

Reese

Oct 5, 2010

That way , you can slip the sandal thong between your toes..... seriously - they make them!!

LOL...I have a pair each little toe has its own space. Love them.:D

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

81141_f496.jpg

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Stop that!!!!!!!

You made that sign yourself and have it posted at your pool.....
I can tell by the cheap plastic tiedowns.....like the cheap sox/sandals

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
This is just crazy, where are the moderators now!
I am going to take a double dose of Geritol to calm my nerves.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Stop that!!!!!!!

You made that sign yourself and have it posted at your pool.....
I can tell by the cheap plastic tiedowns.....like the cheap sox/sandals
Cheap plasitic tiedows are the new velvet handcuffs and silk ropes...;)...so I hear...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
True fact.... more asphyxiations occur while wearing designer ties than other brands...

Sort of like getting rear-ended in a Ferrari............. while wearing a Gucci tie !!!!!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
those are good for getting your toes in the sand.... but without the sand. LOL

opppss... forgot to hit "quote" I'm talking about the socks with spaces for each toe. just saw them at the shoe store yesterday.