Breakfast in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Hi All,
We will be returning to Sosua on Easter Saturday and will be staying for three weeks. We are both early to bed/early to rise kind of people and, this time, have decided that we will go for an early morning walk around Sosua (weather permitting) before enjoying a leisurely breakfast. We are unsure of the opening times of restaurants that serve breakfast as, in the past, we have always breakfasted in our condo before venturing out.
Can anybody point us in the direction of a restaurant/cafe that serves an early breakfast (7:30 onwards), or indeed let us know your favourite breakfast establishment (and the cost) as we would like to try as many different ones as we can whilst we are there.
Thanks to all in advance.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Tom_

Mar 25, 2011
My favourite restaurant for breakfast is the Romanoff Restaurant next to the Romanoff Hotel in Calle 16 de Agosto.

They are open from 7.30am and do offer several breakfast menus.

For instance 2-3 eggs any style, ham, roll, butter, juice and unlimited coffee for 160 DOP.

Tom_

Mar 25, 2011
The road is also known as Calle Ayuntamiento which connects Pedro Clisante and Alejo Martinez.
The Sosua town hall is also located in Calle Ayuntamiento (16 de Agosto).

Tom_

Mar 25, 2011
Try it! But be aware the restaurant might be closed for Easter vacations and will open on mondays again. That's what the owner Andy told me last week.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Rocky's has been serving American style breakfast for about 15 years. You can get what you want there.

Buster1

Mar 25, 2009
Take a day trip to Cabarete a lovely spot and try Claro's situated in front of the Casa Blanca Hotel

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Pretty sure Britannia is open around 7:30, always a good breakfast, and Cafe Cubana, a few doors down, also serves a varied breakfast menu, great food & coffee too. Both on Pedro Clisante

mambodog

Feb 29, 2008
Restaurant Orchidee in Calle Dr Rosen, a few doors away from Rocky's, does a good breakfast. Walk through the car park and up the stairs at the far end. I think they open at 8.00am

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Restaurant Orchidee in Calle Dr Rosen, a few doors away from Rocky's, does a good breakfast. Walk through the car park and up the stairs at the far end. I think they open at 8.00am
We tried Orchidee when we were in Sosua last November and enjoyed it immensely.
Thanks to all for your suggestions (our list is filling up nicely) and please keep them coming in.
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
My favourite restaurant for breakfast is the Romanoff Restaurant next to the Romanoff Hotel in Calle 16 de Agosto.

They are open from 7.30am and do offer several breakfast menus.

For instance 2-3 eggs any style, ham, roll, butter, juice and unlimited coffee for 160 DOP.

I eat break first at this place for a few days ago and was not to impressed ,
special with the bacon that had been fried to long and was tasteless.

For over a week ago , I send a motochono to Rocky bar one morning to get me a breakfast. For 150 peso come he back with ONE egg and some pomme fries, maybe the motochono eat my bacon and bread before he delivered the rest to me.:pirate:
Cheap breakfast 150 +100 to the motochonos= 250 peso.
Next I time I go by my self ,,

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010

For over a week ago , I send a motochono to Rocky bar one morning to get me a breakfast. For 150 peso come he back with ONE egg and some pomme fries, maybe the motochono eat my bacon and bread before he delivered the rest to me.:pirate:

Sorry, I know you must have been very upset, but that just sounds really funny to me...

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com

Sorry, I know you must have been very upset, but that just sounds really funny to me...

We shall try & avoid the takeaway route - sounds like highway robbery LOL :)
More suggestions still welcome!
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
For me the best breakfast deal in Sosua is at La Costera. Coffee, juice, friut, cold cuts, fresh bread, 2 eggs, ham and bacon. All for 150 pesos.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Favourite places for breakfast in Sosua is New Cafe (across the road from Club Residencial) and Don Andres.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Big thanks to all for their knowledge. Have got my list prepared for the forthcoming holiday.
If anybody else has a suggestion, it's not too late to let us know!
Tropical Regards
Ian & Ellie
anpalmisl.gif

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009

The moto ripped you off.1 egg/potatoes/toast and coffee is only 90 pesos. See breakfast menu: http://www.rockysbar.com/images/Menu Back.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.