so.... What do Dominicans find really annoying about johnny foreigner

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
we heard one side so only fair that we hear the other.....what gets your goat about the foreign invaders

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Many Dominicans will say foreigners appear and act arrogant and I have a tendency to agree. After all this is a "third world" country right with mostly an inferior system and people, right?

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
They are arrogant. You can always pick out the foreigner based on personality alone. As for me I stay humble and get out and make friends with the locals.

Many Dominicans will say foreigners appear and act arrogant and I have a tendency to agree. After all this is a "third world" country right with mostly an inferior system and people, right?

Mr.smith

Mar 8, 2011
And a lot of Dominicanos hate the fact that pretty women gravitate to and marry foreigners. I always hear the comment that " you would not be with him if he wasn't a rich white guy".

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
As a Dominican living in a American society, the constant and public mouth wide open burping I find irritating and disgusting, but I don't mention anything as I'm an outsider.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
As a Dominican living in a American society, the constant and public mouth wide open burping I find irritating and disgusting, but I don't mention anything as I'm an outsider.

well good thing you have this site to vent on;)

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I don't think they like the fact we are all millionaires and don't seem to work for it.
That seems to be something even the wealthy people dislike about us.

bri777

Bronze
Sep 11, 2010
sorry
any one wearing socks and sandals should be tackled by other beachgoers and stripped off their socks lol

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

Are you saying all Americans go around with their mouth open burping?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Bad body odor

Especially the cold climate Europeans who come here. They are used to not bathing as often as the weather is cold. Here they start sweating the second they get off the plane. Apparently do not realize in a hot climate a daily shower with soap is necessary. Its really bad in the gym where one gringo can stink up the whole place. Dominicans see them as dirty people. You know what I mean if you ever stood next to one in the grocery store line.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Yeah first one is definitely body odor, somehow they forgot they left snowy Canada or Ice laden Sweden to tropical, hot, humid and sweaty DR and only take a bath twice a week.

Second one is the arrogance or condescending attitude. Ex. AnnaC a couple of posts up.

Third is wearing short pants everywhere as if they were kids.

This is a quick generalization so not every foreigner is like that. Lando and Bachata can provide us with more material.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
The perception that ALL AMERICANS are stinking rich. The constant TIPPING. The loose bario chica on each arm. Cheap spanish, cocky attitudes.

And my favorite........having to constanly say "no problemo"

When you KNOW, they're just bowing down......to the almighty "gringo"

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yeah first one is definitely body odor, somehow they forgot they left snowy Canada or Ice laden Sweden to tropical, hot, humid and sweaty DR and only take a bath twice a week.

Second one is the arrogance or condescending attitude. Ex. AnnaC a couple of posts up.

Third is wearing short pants everywhere as if they were kids.

This is a quick generalization so not every foreigner is like that. Lando and Bachata can provide us with more material.

My wife says the most annoying Canadian habit is " they sorry about everything " even when they don't really mean it. The only Canadians that don't shower every day are the immigrants from certain countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.