Fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyblaze

Mar 27, 2011
Iam going to be in sosua in may!! I always go fishing ( never book a trip through the orange shirts) I would like to book a trip through this guy victor that everyone talks about. Has anybody been fishing with him lately and what type of fishing does he do. Thanks

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
i've been out on victors boat 2 different trips. he never actually goes. he has two brothers than run the boat. they are pretty good.

our first trip was good. we got a handful or barracuda which just looked cool, and i nailed a rather large dorada.

our second trip, i think we only got a small tuna and a few barracuda again.

when i say small tuna... i mean like smaller than your average red snapper for lunch on the beach.

S6301392.jpg

S6301389.jpg

S6301372.jpg

S6301371.jpg

S6301405.jpg

Reactions: bigbird

Tommyblaze

Mar 27, 2011
Thanks for the info nap time. How much did you pay and how many can fish comfortably on his boat? thanks

Naptime

Jul 23, 2008
www.vitos.com
i THINK we paid 200 total for the boat. for half day.

first trip it was just me and my brother in law.

second trip we had another friend with us. same price, just split different.

TWO can fish comfortably, as there are two "fishing seats" at the back of the boat. but then up top where the captain is at, there is another seat. and there is a couch in the lower portion, inside.

im not a fisherman at all, and this was the only two times i ever fished, aside from the occasional, "off the dock" fishing when i was a kid.

to me, it was mroe about the experience, and just being out on the water all day.

thier boat can be a bit relaxing...... especially if you are out on pedro clisante until 4am, and have to be at the boat at 7am.

i dont recommend it.... but it does make for a nice morning nap on the ocean....

BILD0316.jpg

this is victors boat..

BILD0330.jpg

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
So Naptime, I just assumed you were the "whitey-white" guy (the one that looked like he was afraid to touch the fish) but then I see what I thought was one of two brothers in full...well...naptime position. Please clarify. :)

Oct 11, 2010
Tommy,
Sorry I'm replying to this post so late, I really don't go on the message boards often enough.

Anyway, the busy season down here is just about over, my boat is out of the water and is currently in Maimon. I'm rebuilding both engines, and upgrading the electronics, actually doing a complete overhaul on the boat, a MUCH longer process than I had originally planned.

We also have a boat in New York which I purchased last year and brought up from Florida last winter, so I've been spending a lot of time outfitting the new boat in New York. Now that the fishing season is starting up in New York, I'll be doing a lot of fishing up North throughout the summer.

Hopefully, the work on my boat down here in the DR will be finished soon, but the way things go down here it's really hard to be specific about a date. I don't know what date you are coming down, but if we're in the water we can definitely put a trip together.

I normally use my boat privately and don't do that many charters which is why "Naptime" said I "actually never go" on the charters. Unfortunately he is correct. I can only get out fishing on Sundays. It is very difficult for me to coordinate my schedule down here with clients who come down to fish so I can't always get out fishing with them. I have quite a few obligations down here which keep me from being very flexible.

Like I said, I had originally bought the boat to use privately, and I did occasional charters. However when the boat goes back in the water it will be available for charter full-time. I've had so many requests for people to go fishing I decided to actually start doing charters full-time. Also, from November thru March we'll be bringing the boat from New York down here to fish the winter months.

I was out fishing on a friend's boat last week, had a few dolphin, 1 small blue marlin. The fishing has been a little slow the last couple of weeks. The best way to increase your chances of getting any fish is go out for the full day so you can get to the fish. They are a little further off shore, so you need time to get out and back. A half day trip you probably will not have enough time to get to the fish.

Good Luck,
Victor

Status
Not open for further replies.