Curiousity Killed the Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lady7456

Mar 29, 2011
Hi, I've been reading a lot of these posts all day, but have a question of my own.

I recently started dating a domincan man, who lives in miami and has for a few years. Now, I am a gringa, from the midwest, relocated to miami 2 years ago. I love the latin culture though. I am not the type to generalize anyone by their race, age, or anything truthfully, but I have heard a lot about domincan men, playing their blanquitas? Does anyone have any advice as to how I might figure out if this is what will happen before it's to late? He's sweet and funny and attentive, and things seem to be going well.

This would be the first latin man, I have ever dated. I am fascinated by their culture, but don't know anything about dating. So...any general advice would be fantastic :)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hi, I've been reading a lot of these posts all day, but have a question of my own.

I recently started dating a domincan man, who lives in miami and has for a few years. Now, I am a gringa, from the midwest, relocated to miami 2 years ago. I love the latin culture though. I am not the type to generalize anyone by their race, age, or anything truthfully, but I have heard a lot about domincan men, playing their blanquitas? Does anyone have any advice as to how I might figure out if this is what will happen before it's to late? He's sweet and funny and attentive, and things seem to be going well.

This would be the first latin man, I have ever dated. I am fascinated by their culture, but don't know anything about dating. So...any general advice would be fantastic :)

If you met him in Miami, then that is a good sign.

lady7456

Mar 29, 2011
BB- I hope it is
grey - it's so new, and I tend to be the type to fall quickly. I suppose that is all i need to know and if things change maybe just stick to my sense of self :)

Thanks y'all.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Even if it doesn't work out..... you will have had some great dance lessons :cheeky:
Your friends won't recognise you

See you on DWTS

WW

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
oh wait wait better find out how long he's been in the US and how he got there. Could be someone threw him out and he's looking for a place to live.

OMG I've been here too long and trust no one:paranoid:

lady7456

Mar 29, 2011
Even if it doesn't work out..... you will have had some great dance lessons :cheeky:
Your friends won't recognise you

See you on DWTS

WW

But this gringa can already dance merengue, salsa, and bachata ;) Truthfully I love it, and even though I barely speak spanish, the music is fantastic as well.

lady7456

Mar 29, 2011
oh wait wait better find out how long he's been in the US and how he got there. Could be someone threw him out and he's looking for a place to live.

OMG I've been here too long and trust no one:paranoid:

At the risk of sounding niave, is this for real? Should I really be concerned about this? He seems well established, nice house, nice car, I don't think it can all be a front, he'd have to slip somewhere no?

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Miami, Schmiami. It is all in the pudding. If he going to do something it will be much easier in Miami than in some other podunk place.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The chances of your romance succeeding are about 5% ..Dominicans have many wonderful qualities but faithfulness is not one that springs to mind ..As Dominicans are much more concerned about the present than the future I suggest you follow their line and enjoy everything for as long as you can but do not be too alarmed when the inevitable haappens .

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The chances of your romance succeeding are about 5% ..Dominicans have many wonderful qualities but faithfulness is not one that springs to mind ..As Dominicans are much more concerned about the present than the future I suggest you follow their line and enjoy everything for as long as you can but do not be too alarmed when the inevitable haappens .

Replace "Dominicans" with "Americans" and it's still true.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

Not all Dominicans are out to play women, and it looks like you already have some advantages, because:

The guy most likely isn't playing you for a visa.
And has his own place and his own car which means he probably makes his own money.

I think what you need to do first is to try to get to know him and put a hold "falling in love" part.

Signs that he may be playing you is if he likes to dodge you on the weekends.
If at the clubs where there are multiple dance floors he tells you he is going to the bathroom is gone for a long time, check the other dance floors he may be in a corner perreando with another girl.

If he doesn't respect you or values your opinion is also another sign that he could be playing you.

He is also playing you if he is always disappearing with girls right on your face.
Just get to know this guy before you get too involved, that way you can avoid some emotional pain.

That is my advice, and also remember that love is always a gamble but you must use a good process of elimination in order to have the odds on your favor.

Reactions: Bronxboy

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
At the risk of sounding niave, is this for real? Should I really be concerned about this? He seems well established, nice house, nice car, I don't think it can all be a front, he'd have to slip somewhere no?

Ummm, you met a dude in Miami. It may or may not work out. So he is Dominican, it doesn't make him any more or less of a saint.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Well, the advice would be to treat him with respect and demand the same back, don?t take any kind of crap from him, ever. If he does not reciprocate - leave right away, he is a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.