Cabarete to Santo Domingo day tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

bray-ar

Mar 22, 2011
My original plan was to fly into SD and stay 2 days, then head to Santiago for a day, Cabarete for the rest of the trip. After adding up the cost of all the transportation, and the time, It looks like flying in and out of POP is better for me. I would still like to see the SD though. I hate visiting a country with out seeing the capital city! Are there and "city tours" for SD that come out of Cabarete. If so what is a price estimate. I know these things can be a bit "touristy" but I have found that it is usually a pretty good bang for you buck with the transport and sometimes a meal included. So any ideas or prices???:surprised

Jan 17, 2009
Where are you coming from? Check to see if it works for you to do multi-city, arriving to SDQ and leaving from POP. Sometimes the fares are very reasonable when you combine both airports.

I really never heard of any tour company (based in Cabarete) that has tours to SD. It's a long trip that would require an overnight stay to allow time for touring the city.

You can also take a bus from Sosua to SD, and hire a tour guide there.

bray-ar

Mar 22, 2011
ok it looks like I can fly into SDQ and then out of POP foronly about $50 more. I would pay close to that dealing with shuffling back and forth. thanks for the info!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
there are quite a few places you can do the Santo Domingo tour from Cabarete. They even pick you up at your hotel. You leave between 5 and 6 in the am and return about 9 pm.....I have talked to a few people that have done the trip and say its ok, but a long day. Around $60US

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
2 places in Cabarete I know, Freddy tour sells a tour to SD, and if you go see Peter in front of BHD bank he sells the SD tour as well.......I think they sell for the same tour operator because you get on the same bus....
hope this helps

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I have done this trip and it does give you a good bang for your buck. You see the colonial zone, the cathedral, tour of the Columbus palace, a stop at the caves, a tour through the aquarium and eat at some good restaurants. Three of us went and loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.