travelers coming to DR

steve lasley

Mar 28, 2011
Hi, Steve is my name:

I belong to a club of golfers that plan on making a trip to DR in March of 2012
We would like to know some tips on were to stay, good golf courses to play,
what is the best city for night life, and good eating places. Most of our members are black and 40 to 70 years old.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hi, Steve is my name:

I belong to a club of golfers that plan on making a trip to DR in March of 2012
We would like to know some tips on were to stay, good golf courses to play,
what is the best city for night life, and good eating places. Most of our members are black and 40 to 70 years old.

I gave you your own thread.

Welcome.;)

Reactions: jrhartley

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) If you are wealthy: Punta Cana
2) If you like a lot of night life: Santo Domingo
3) Middle class and enjoy beach-type night life: Puerto Plata/Cabarete

Punta Cana has so many courses you cant play them all
Santo Domingo gives you access to Guavaberry and Metro, about an hours ride away as well as Las Lagunas, the "national" golf course, about 20 minutes outside of town.
Puerto Plata has Playa Dorada and an 1 1/2 hours away Playa Grande on the coast and Las Aromas in Santiago...all different and all interesting.

Take your pick.

HB

giallo

Nov 17, 2006
I would say the best place would be juan dolio close to the beach or on the beach if you want , you have metro country club and guavaberry country club for golf , also one hour to st. Domingo and one hour to casa de campo , la romana

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
If you are on a budget, I am sure you could negotiate a great price for such a large group in one of the Playa Dorada hotels near Puerto Plata. Those hotels are hurting badly because of the well-documented turndown in visitors to the North Coast.

There is a course within the grounds. I am not a golfer but I understand it is not top quality, but o.k.

You would have nightlife on site at Playa Dorada and more at Puerto Plata (10 minutes away) and Sos?a (25 minutes away).

If money is no object then there are better hotels and courses elsewhere.