Looking for a car to buy

Marrs

Mar 24, 2011
Does anyone know of a good(and cheap) car for sale in the Puerto Plata area?
I'm hoping to find one for 3000 USD or 4000 USD. I know it won't be that great of a car. Or someone who will rent on once a week or so,,on the cheap.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Shoot, I have this good friend who has a really clean Toyota Prado, diesel, 4x4, seats 8 with seatbelts...great vehicle, but he wants a lot more than that...Wish I had the bread, I'd jump on it. For the DR, this is a buy, I am told...

HB

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
If you really only need the car once a week, I would consider just renting one from one of the dozens of car rental agencies in the POP area. Most of the major car rental companies have franchises and there are several "mom and pop" operations. You could probably work out a discount from the regular daily rental rate based on the consistant business. You could do this for years for less than a cheap used car would cost.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
If you really only need the car once a week, I would consider just renting one from one of the dozens of car rental agencies in the POP area. Most of the major car rental companies have franchises and there are several "mom and pop" operations. You could probably work out a discount from the regular daily rental rate based on the consistant business. You could do this for years for less than a cheap used car would cost.

With that money he would spend at a car rental he could also just hire a taxi driver for the day.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I know a very good guy who will give you a decent deal for a weekly rental, especially if its every month for 6 months. A friend of mine had this same arrangement with him. He has a couple of decent Suzuki Gran Vitaras he rents. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send his info. He's in Cabarete but can meet you in POP...

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
With that money he would spend at a car rental he could also just hire a taxi driver for the day.

A) Not true. It's silly to think you can hire a car and driver for the same as just a car.

B) He/she said they want a car, not a driver. I really fail to understand the thinking of people on this board who seem to feel that every gringo who spends time in the DR needs to rely on a Dominican to drive them around.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I know a very good guy who will give you a decent deal for a weekly rental, especially if its every month for 6 months. A friend of mine had this same arrangement with him. He has a couple of decent Suzuki Gran Vitaras he rents. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send his info. He's in Cabarete but can meet you in POP...

The OP doesn't want one week a month. They want one day a week.

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Bmw 525i

I have a BMW 525I 1991 for sale. The car is garaged in Santiago. 4 doors, good music system with CD player, remote control for radio, etc. The price
falls within your budget. Reason for seling it is that I have an SUV. Please send me a PM if interested.. We can reach a OBF deal..

Thanks,;)