Staying in DR for a few months..

LaMoreniita

Oct 11, 2007
Hi everybody!
So I am going to spend a few months in DR this summer (still no sure exactly how long around 3 months) and I would have one main question.. I know it's not that long but what should I bring from home (Canada)? Things that I might need because they are expensive over there compared to here or whatever... I am thinking feminine hygiene products but there has to be some other things too?
(I have gone to the DR many times over the last 5.5 years and I have some family over there, so I am not that much of a 'newbie')
I am also very open to any comments/suggestions you might have for a young university student wanting to spend a great summer!
Thank you

Jan 17, 2009
I don't know about Canada, but from the US I always bring face creams with good SPF, cosmetics, hair products if you use expensive brands (not the type you buy in drugstores), perfume (if you wear it). You can probably find all the good brands you wear here they're terribly expensive.

A few other ides, an Ipod, an unlocked cell phone if you don't want to buy a cheap phone here, books if you like to read (or even better yet, an e-book reader), laptop and any gadgets you normally use at home (like a back-up drive).

Ah, forgot one, a couple of good quality flipflops!

Last edited: