Ede Norte BLOODY HELL

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
What is with these people lately???? 3 days this week the electricity is out almost 12 hours. Today it goes at 10 - comes back at 4 - gone again at 4:45. When you call their 24 hours customer service line - BIG JOKE - they tell you it's coming back in 20 minutes. Right.

An hour and 20 minutes later you call again and get told their is an outage. Well gee really????

What the hell is going on? I am so fed up with these morons!!!! The rates just go up and up and up and the service gets worse and worse.

YET Ede Norte sells power to the private company that resells it at higher rates to areas that get 24 hour power! THEY do not go down. How is that for your tax dollars at work.

Yes I am ****ed and fed up and frustrated.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Whenever I "Bitch" To My Friend,Or He Bitches To Me...

We always end the conversation by asking:...
Where Are You???
Nuf Said?????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Welcome to the DR!
If you expect NOTHING,you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Edenorte - Liars, cheats and scoundrels.

I agree with every word. It is very frustrating to get lied to all the time. I not only feel your pain, I share it. While those stealing power in the area continue to be allowed to do so.

I suspect that they don't have enough fuel to provide enough power to cover the demand. Anybody know the real reason of the moment?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
power out

Read in Dominican Today about a week ago they were replacing high power transmission lines.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The service we've been getting here in Cabarete has been very good recently. My inverter has had very little use lately.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
IF they are replacing high power lines they schedule their outages and post notices - normally.

This appears to be breakdowns but who really knows!!!!! What they say and what is truth are very different.

CC - I know. I say it to myself constantly. I am used to certain things and accept where I am.But every once in a while it makes me a bit crazy....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't think they are breakdowns

IF they are replacing high power lines they schedule their outages and post notices - normally.

This appears to be breakdowns but who really knows!!!!! What they say and what is truth are very different.

CC - I know. I say it to myself constantly. I am used to certain things and accept where I am.But every once in a while it makes me a bit crazy....

If it really was actual system wide breakdowns as in broken transmission lines, then beeza would be having the same problems we are since we are all in the Cabarete area, correct me if I am wrong.

I have had some Edenorte phone support people tell me that it is a "lack of energy" available, so they have to cut off some circuits. They won't say how long it will continue.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Interesting!!! Thanks. then I am really really ****ed. This week has been the worst I have seen or experienced in years.

Out of 6 days this past week we were down over 10 hours a day! Ridiculous. We are a B line. Yesterday we were down 20 hours.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
lack of power does nothing for me, i have to say. this is one of the few things in DR that does not pi** me off. i have an inversor and when that goes i simply go to sleep. having said that there were serious power issues in the pharmacy with blackouts of 10 or even 20 hours. bad for business but at least there is no air con so i don't have to wear a jacket :)
i was told ladronorte has suffered some serious problems lately with broken poles, blown up transformers and such. heck, i saw landronorte working on manolo tavarez justo at 10pm on sunday so their arses must be boiling!

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
I must be on the same line

As DMV123!
Saturday only had 5 hours of power!
So far today......nothing, nada, zilch....and usually we have power all day Sunday.
It's been a terrible week that's for sure.
Shall we all meet at Edenorte Monday morning to complain?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
even since i read about this dude who went to ladronorte office to complain about his bill and was shot dead by security i am not too keen on visiting them.
let the sleeping dog lie.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
I am all over that............ I love the idea of going and yelling at someone who will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.................

We have power at the moment but not sure how long that will last.

When I moved to where I am at - I checked the area for electricity, with the neighbors, I checked with the Ede Norte website etc. I went to their offices to confirm everything.............. Right. Like that mattered at all.

It is a B zoned area - scheduled as of 14 months ago to be upgrading to an A zoned area. Right. 14 months later - zilch, nada, nothing.

So you can understand my frustration that it gets worse instead of better.

They just do not understand that a little bit of honesty and communication goes a LONG WAY!!!!!!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Out of 6 days this past week we were down over 10 hours a day! Ridiculous. We are a B line. Yesterday we were down 20 hours.

I think that is the main issue. I am on an A circuit which supposedly means 24hrs a day. And I must admit it's been very good recently (touch wood!)

I think that they have figured that those on our circuit all have meters and pay through the nose for our electricity. We are the ones subsidising the 66% of the population who don't pay for their luz. If we all pay our bills on time, then they will sell us more to use. However, if you miss your payment date by ONE DAY, they are round to cut you off!

The sooner you can get upgraded from a B circuit to A, the better for you.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
That may be correct in theory but in practice is not always right.

The biggest thieves of electricity in this country ----- the government and politically connected.

IF those people would pay then we could stabilize this country.

Many with no meters pay a flat fee. The rest just steal the electricity. Some cannot get a meter! I know several who have been trying to get a meter for months. And many of the RICH in this country know how to get around the system. It is unfair to label this problem as being one of the poor barrios - and I know you did not say that but many will say it.

And you make a good point, they DO cut off the electricity if you are late paying - by even 1 day. But you have to be on the system for that to take place. too many are outside the system.

And by the way Beeza - everyone pays thru the nose! Being an A circuit does not mean you pay more - the rates are the same for all of us. Imagine paying the high rates and not having electricity 1/2 the time!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
bs

Many with no meters pay a flat fee. The rest just steal the electricity. Some cannot get a meter! I know several who have been trying to get a meter for months. And many of the RICH in this country know how to get around the system. It is unfair to label this problem as being one of the poor barrios - and I know you did not say that but many will say it.

i say it and i say it loud. it's the damn poor, not the rich. i know many rich people and they all pay their bills. although some cut their lines because they have alternative power (solar panels). huge businesses pay too (and they still have generators).

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
i say it and i say it loud. it's the damn poor, not the rich. i know many rich people and they all pay their bills. although some cut their lines because they have alternative power (solar panels). huge businesses pay too (and they still have generators).

Well good for the people you know BUT you obviously don't read the reports in the news then!!! There are lots of the rich, the businesses and the government who DO NOT PAY

It is wrong no matter who does it. Take off the blinders and start looking around.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i look. and i read the news (mostly deaths and other nicely gross stuff). pass me the link, please, to articles about the rich and the government not paying their bills.