Long Term Rental in Las Terrenas

hotdog

Apr 4, 2011
I just posted this in "Living" but now realized that this mave been a better posting location. :glasses:
My husband and I and our three children are moving to Las Terrenas for a year starting this August. We are looking at renting and not buying, as I've read in all of the past forums (and I agree) that it's best to see if you like living in the DR before you commit to buying. What I'm wondering is how to find information on long term rentals in the area? I can obviously find a lot of info on short term rentals on places like VRBO, but nothing for longer than a month. Should I contact a real estate agency or is there a local newspaper or website that might have the information I'm looking for? We are looking for a villa preferably with at least three bedrooms and of course with a beach not too far away. Also, what do you think that something like that is going to run me for a long term rental? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Renting in Las Terrenas

Hi:

I live in Las Terrenas. You have a few options in renting housing. You can contact a realtor, a private individual or check out the internet. I am familiar with a couple of realtors I know you can trust. Also a friend of mine owns a couple of small houses off the beach on the Playa Las Ballenas side of town. I live at Don Cesar Residencia across from Playa de Los Pescadores (where the strip of bars and restaurants are located on the beach) . This is also a viable option for first timers here. The condo complex here is very secure, two swimming pools, back up generator system, wi-fi and water filtration system. They rent a 3 floor villa for about $1200USD per month. You can google them on the web. Also a good place to look for rentals is in LT7 which is the bi-weekly paper in Las Terrenas. You can google this also at lt7.com - lt 7 Resources and Information. This website is for sale!. They have a section for real estate sales and rentals. It is however in Spanish. If you want any names of individuals please send me a private message.

S

hotdog

Apr 4, 2011
Las Terrenas

Thank you so much for all of your great information. The lt7 newsletter looks promising as we get closer to our date. Thanks LtSteve for your detailed info. We of course have so many questions and unknowns that I will definitely be "pm-ming" you for some info in the next little while. I have emailed a real estate agent that we were in contact with last year (when we were looking at buying) but they have not answered my replies (probably because I'm not looking at buying for the moment:cheeky:). We are trying to work out a budget right now so your reply of $1200/month gives us a bit of a ball park area to work around. Thanks again! Another succcessful use of this forum!

devotion

Apr 6, 2011
Living in Las Terrenas since 3 1/2 years, you can find a house for less than 1200 per month... A good agency: Accord Tropical they have lots of rentals...

Reactions: Africaida

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
So many offers, you need to come down here & shop around... Don't fall for some posters telling you only their condo is worth it...
Rent into some of the above mentioned for a little while, and once in LT, look into all the numerous options, talk to people, visit, ask around...
LT has the best landscape of the Caribbean, enjoy !!!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Living in Las Terrenas

Hi:

The figure of $1200 a month was in a gated condo community. I have seen free standing villas for rent for $900 a month. As I said before I. have a number of contacts with people who own homes which they rent out. It all depends on what location you want. I have a friend who lives in Barbacoa, which is about 8KM from Las Terrenas. His house is up on a hill and there are 4 or other homes that he rents short or long term. This is a very secure location but in is somewhat isolated compared to being off the beach in Las Terrenas. Again, though the price might be more attractive. Let me know if you want more info.

S

nlimbolady

Apr 17, 2011
The small houses off the beach sound more like something I would be interested in. Can you put me in touch with your friend that owns them. Overall how secure would one be in a single dwelling? I will be living alone and, of course, would love to be near the beach. My daughter and her family will be doing missionary work in Jarabocoa. Any suggestions you may have would be greatly appreciated as I have never been there before but have lived in a third world country where everything is behind walls. My personal email is sleighross@att.net.

Thank you,

Leigh Ross

michelleleewatson

May 11, 2011
I own a house in Las Terrenas that I am renting short and long term. It's in a 24 hour guarded community one row back from the ocean. It sleeps 9 plus has maids quarters. All furniture/beds are new. There is an outdoor jaccuzzi, huge patio and 3 balconies. Long term rental was $1400/month but I am willing to give a sustantial discount for the right tenant. If interested, send an e-mail to michelle@rtphomesellers.com and I will forward photos and more details.

lisaM1

Jun 27, 2008
rental

Check out vacationhomerentals.com. Property #58215. It is close to everything and gated and secure and fully equipped and in your price range. Call Toni and she will help you.

Thanks. Lisa

Colin Geissler

Aug 22, 2011
We are in LT, looking for Rental until June

Hi, we need a place with at least three bedrooms (we have two boys and girl) until at least the end of May. Does anyone know of anything in or around Las Terrenas. Coson seems a little far from town but Barbacoa would be good too.

Thanks for your help,

Colin

CMorales

Oct 3, 2011
I am also looking for long term rental house with 3 bedrooms in Las Terrenas or surroundings. I have only been able to contact DR Paradise Real Estate, but I wish to contact other people who rent houses. I will be in Las Terrenas during October to choose a house. Can someone suggest other Real Estate Companies or individual people that rent houses. Tks

CMorales

Oct 3, 2011
So many offers, you need to come down here & shop around... Don't fall for some posters telling you only their condo is worth it...
Rent into some of the above mentioned for a little while, and once in LT, look into all the numerous options, talk to people, visit, ask around...
LT has the best landscape of the Caribbean, enjoy !!!
Could give contact details of the people you know?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Could give contact details of the people you know?
Morales, once you'll be in town, you'll see about a million real-estate agency... Don't worry about that, everything is for rent & for sale in LT...

joejamchicago

Dec 29, 2008
long term rental in las terranas

I was very satisfied with services of a wonderful lady named Beatrice, who handles rentals in Las Terranas.
Her email address is <bealocation@hotmail.com>. Her phone number is 809-885-4074. Inquire about the
wonderful villa we rented named Casa Lena. Enjoy!:classic: