Need help asap please!!!!!!!

anthony32

Apr 6, 2011
hello, ok so here is my problem, i was born in the united states my mom is american and my father is dominican. i decided to come to dominican republic and while my stay here my mom decided that she was going to move to puerto rico so i decided to live here in dominican republic with my father. i now want to get a job and start going to college over here in DR. the problem is that most places require me to have a dominican ID. i need to know what process do i need to do in order to become a resident in this country since my dad is dominican i have it understood i can obtain residency because of him. what process do i have to go through do i go to the US embassy??? can i solve my problem without leaving the country because there is no way i can go back to the states i have no one to stay with over there and plane ticket prices are way to high for my pockets. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I don't have expertise in this area but I have seen this question asked many times before. Try to search it and maybe some of the old threads will come up for you. I am sure that the people that know about how you can get it will answer soon.

SHALENA

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
hello, ok so here is my problem, i was born in the united states my mom is american and my father is dominican. i decided to come to dominican republic and while my stay here my mom decided that she was going to move to puerto rico so i decided to live here in dominican republic with my father. i now want to get a job and start going to college over here in DR. the problem is that most places require me to have a dominican ID. i need to know what process do i need to do in order to become a resident in this country since my dad is dominican i have it understood i can obtain residency because of him. what process do i have to go through do i go to the US embassy??? can i solve my problem without leaving the country because there is no way i can go back to the states i have no one to stay with over there and plane ticket prices are way to high for my pockets. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Si tu padre es dominicano, entonces a ti te corresponde por ley la nacionalidad dominicana, no solo la residencia.
No soy experto en esto, pero creo que si estas en Santo Domingo deberias empezar con la JCE (junta central electoral) con tu acta de nacimiento.
Puedes llamar para informacion *462

perlafina

Apr 6, 2011
Hi - you have two options either process all your paper work in the states or in Dominican Republic. Cost effective is just get your Birth Certificate in the States and then finish the process in Dominican Republic.

1. You will need to get your birth certificate and it must be apostille certified long form (important because they will not accept it without it) Before the Dominican consulate would certify it but no longer. This will take about 9-10 business days to process this.

2. You will need to get your birth certificate translate into spanish by who is official licensed translator in DR. (either a lawyer in Dom Rep. or Consulate in the State)

3. You will then need to take the translated birth certificate to La Oficina de La Procuraduria to get it legalized.

4. You will need to get a copy of one of your parents birth certificates, you will need to know what office their birth certificate is filed and go there to request a copy of it. Also you will need to get a copy of their cedula as well.

5. With all documents in a folder, then go to La Junta Central Electoral (JCE) to el Departamento de Juridica. Present the documents, along with a copy of the parent?s cedula, a copy of the parent?s valid birth certificate, and a ?solicitud? (which you can get at the JCE) in a manila folder. Include in your folder a copy of all documents, and make copies for your personal records. You will be asked what "oficialia" you would like to be filed at, you should pick one that is close to you as you will be going there for your birth certificate will be registered.

6. After a 1-2weeks (you show have date on the piece of paper given to you when you dropped off the documents) you will return to JCE to pickup authorization for a birth certificate and take it to the "oficialia" you chose ealier. Then after a week or so you will be able to get your Dominican birth certificate, and with that you can now go ahead and apply for a cedula.

anthony32

Apr 6, 2011
this is a little more helpful..but is there any way that i can get my birth certificate apostilled here in santo domingo, i cant go back to the states because i have nowhere to stay, my mom lives in puerto rico and my dad is here in santo domingo. Is it possible that i can obtain the documents i need in the US embassy??