Santo Domingo to Sosua

tomd63

Feb 25, 2011
doughertydoherty.synthasite.com
I need information on getting from Santo Domingo to Cabarete. I have looked at taxi rates from the airport to the Caribe Tour Bus and the price listed is $40 USD, is that correct and how far is the ride. That seems a lot for a taxi ride. How long does it take to go from SD to Cabarete on the bus and what is the cost. I have searched the internet for answers and just get confused with all the answers. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I need information on getting from Santo Domingo to Cabarete. I have looked at taxi rates from the airport to the Caribe Tour Bus and the price listed is $40 USD, is that correct and how far is the ride. That seems a lot for a taxi ride. How long does it take to go from SD to Cabarete on the bus and what is the cost. I have searched the internet for answers and just get confused with all the answers. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Caribe Tours has buses leaving Santo Domingo for Sosua hourly until, I believe, 7 pm. The trip to Sosua takes about 4.5 hours, including a refreshment stop in Santiago. When you get to Sosua, you will have to take a taxi or one of the guaguas that pass by. The bus does not go to Cabarete, Sosua is the end of the line.

Jessiejayne

May 17, 2010
You can take Caribe tours or Metro and pay about 350 pesos give or take for one way. From Santo Dominigo you can get to Sosua like the last poster said then take a motoconcho or publicar. Publicar to Cabarete will be the cheapest! I took Metro on my way back from Santo Domingo to Sosua and it was a very comfortable ride!
Good Luck!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Jessiejayne is right, just make sure you dress warm for the Metro (which is the best bus service to Sosua). When you arrive in Sosua, cross the street and you will see the people lining up or unloading for publicos and a gua gua. The publicos will have Rio San Juan/Sosua on the top and are located on the left side of the publico parking area. I believe it is a 30 peso fare. The gua gua ( mini van) can be picked up along the side of the street in front of the publico station heading east.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The problem with Metro for tomd63 may be that it only has a few buses to Sosua whereas Caribe Tours has one hourly.

Metro's departures from SD for Sosua are 7 and 11 am, 4 pm

If those work, fine, otherwise take Caribe Tours

SeeaMike

Apr 9, 2011
Before going some where there some important things to do.First of decide where you want to go and the find the Cheap all inclusive holidays packages from internet then you will not face any difficulty to go somewhere.All the help will be provided by the travel company even pick and drop.