Moving to sosua help

pucca

Mar 30, 2010
I Live in Santiago DR and me and my husband are planning on moving to sosua in the next few months, husband is leaving first he has a job offer as a manager of a new company in Sosua we have great expectations on this company because there is nothing like that in sosua cabarete area.
So he?s all set up as for work related stuff, im a 21 year old mother who speaks fluent english and spanish im a certified teacher and i have experience working with people and call centers in the past. Im concerned about a few things before we move we also have a 1yo kid so here they go, any help is welcome... (sorry i cant type the quotation mark)

is there any good day cares close from el batey in sosua, i live in santiago now
and im kind of afraid of leaving my baby with just anyone, if theres any mom
around here ill be please to hear some comments
(that is the area we are most likely moving to)

i dont even know how or where to start on the job matter thing, where to look for,
who to call, anyone with job offers.. not a stripclub hehe saw a comment on this
earlier here.

im also concerned a little bit about crime in this area, i know crime is crime anywhere in the
world but my husband who use to live in sosua when he was 12 told me things are a bit
though in sosua. if i have any more questions i?ll let you know.

Lolitula

Mar 16, 2011
Re: Moving to Sosua Help

Hey Pucca,

Nice! Sosua is a great spot; I used to live in Cabarete and made regular excursions to Sosua for groceries, restaurants, and to enjoy the more quiet beach.

I was back there in 2005, so it was awhile ago...but I'd advise, from my own experience, that you go up once for a few days and just search around. You say you're a teacher? There's a great International School in Sosua where you might consider applying; do it now because they're likely to hire in the Spring for the following season.

Sosua is fuullllll of expats (more expats than Dominicans, almost!) so you might find working in restaurant, hospitality field better fit to start...then just work your way up :)

Hope that helps! Have a great time!
anna

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I may know of a school that is hiring, pm me for details. I believe that there is a daycare on the autopista in the area of the Luciano ferrateria/paint store. It's next to a TodoCarne store. Don't know the quality but I've seen the sign. We live in La Mulata and love it here. Be careful, but don't let the stories scare you too much. Get dogs and keep your eyes open and your head low and you'll be fine. Best of luck!!

pucca

Mar 30, 2010
Thanks guys for the comments and the good wishes lolitula can you tell me the name of the school i would be very interested in checking it out, i love teaching i just hope i can make a living out of it, because in santiago is terrible paying.
CoreyH i?ll pm you for the school name too and is that day care too far from el batey
because as far as map locations in sosua i was actually amazed yesterday when i looked over google maps sosua has grown so much since i can remember.

Thank you guys so much, any other comment is welcomed