Baseball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChantalintheDR

Nov 29, 2009
Hi all,

I live in Sosua and have some friends visiting soon who would like to see a baseball game. Where could I go to see a pro game? How do I buy tickets?

If a pro game is not possible, what is the next best thing? Are there baseball games in Puerto Plata?

Thanks

torrock

Jun 5, 2006
The Dominican Baseball League starts in the fall (October?) and ends early in the new year. The closest to Sosua is Santiago (Go Aguilas!), the winner of that league plays in the Caribbean World Series.

I went to a game in November, it was awesome.

Outside of that league, I'll let others respond ....

Jan 22, 2010
Yes winter league is far away but each weekend there are some games on each field of Puerto Plata mostly kids and also games in between companies.

The adults they bat with the bottle of Brugal next to them..but it is fun to watch

If in Puerto Plata ask for tenis club Padre Las Casas there are always games on.

Oh true most are softball games tho

T.E.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are games of the Summer League as well. Around Santo Domingo, at the various Major League "Academies", they have games all the time.

there are also the so-called "amateur" leagues that play on weekends. Ask any sports authority and they should be able to guide you.

In Santiago, I would go down to the stadium and ask. Or wait until the evening and they turned the lights on, then I would know if there is a game.

Good luck.

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.