Air conditioning units

Jerbust

Oct 12, 2010
Are there any specific air conditioning units that work best in DR. ie. That copes best with the unstable voltage etc. What would the cost be for an 18,000 BTU unit fitted.

Thanks

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If The "HOLE" Is Already There......

It should cost about 20,000 for the unit.Can't you put your "UNIT"t in the "Hole"?:cheeky:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcc

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
For 18K BTU I would suggest a split unit.

I have used a brand called TGM that seems to cope quite well. OK, so they are made in china, but what isn't these days?! They are distributed through stores called Refripartes. They also stock all spare parts should need anything in the future.

One feature I like about the TGM brand is that they put the external compressor and condenser in a plastic case. My last AC unit was LG. It only lasted five years until the case corroded right through.

Price wise, I paid about 25K pesos for an 18KBTU split. But that was a couple of years ago.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i would add that 18K btu be a minimum. one of the great things about the DR is that there are thousands of places that whose only business is AC. good deals are aplenty. after three years are you going to whine about 22 pesos a day or 29 pesos a day that is keeping you cool. get it done, now! no need to suffer. sure it costs a little up-front but worth every penny.