where to get car fitted for natural gas

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The come in two types. Cheap, like most of the publicos use, or expensive if you want it done right. If it's a late model car, you have it done the right way.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
The come in two types. Cheap, like most of the publicos use, or expensive if you want it done right. If it's a late model car, you have it done the right way.

Where are the shops that do it the right way.????
bob

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Unless propane conversions also work for natural gas, I don't think Bob and Rob are on the same page. Do they?

May 29, 2006
Propane conversion and NG coversion are two very different projects. For small vehicles, NG isn't practical.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
Propane conversion and NG coversion are two very different projects. For small vehicles, NG isn't practical.

why not?All the yellow cabs here in SD have NG conversions.

I am still trying to get some locations for NG conversion,in SD.

Talked to one yellow cab driver today,and he showed me his Factura from his installation,Done on Churchill,#4.near Kennedy,but no price.
He said that there was 2 size tanks,his was the smaller one,and he gets about 200 miles from a tank,at 40pesos a gallon.

bob

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
All the cabs have the cheap conversions done.
If you want to go that route, ask anyone of them, they all know the shops that do that. Also ask some of the people I know you know, they have had their cars converted.

Cheap install: US$500-750
Expensive Install: US$1,500+

Expensive kits leave all the original engine mapping in place and use sequential injectors. No switches or buttons, everything is auto.