Small Business idea, need lawyer's advice

FarmerMike

Apr 9, 2011
Hello,

I have a business idea I would like to bounce off of a lawyer and any other member of the forum. Particularly, I am trying to understand some of the legal barriers.

For context, the business is a micro brewery/ micro distillery. The production would be done on a farm. Sales would be made in restaurants and bars.

Any suggestions of a good lawyer or thoughts/ comments on the business will be appreciated.

FarmerMike

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hello,

I have a business idea I would like to bounce off of a lawyer and any other member of the forum. Particularly, I am trying to understand some of the legal barriers.

For context, the business is a micro brewery/ micro distillery. The production would be done on a farm. Sales would be made in restaurants and bars.

Any suggestions of a good lawyer or thoughts/ comments on the business will be appreciated.

FarmerMike

You are posted in the right section to get a response from and excellent lawyer, Fabio Guzman. He can respond to the part about possible legal barriers to setting up a micro brewery.

May 29, 2006
Aside from having to import all the equipment and every ingredient that isn't water, purifying the water you use, sourcing bottles and labels and caps, creating a distribution system, finding a market, avoiding a labyrinth of legal issues and having to pay off customs, what could possibly go wrong?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I looked into this years ago.

The single biggest barrier is no market and price. You won't be able to sell enough to make any $$$.