Llego Mama!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yesterday we read that Margarita's name was added to the list of PLD candidates for President..... Not much of a surprise to most.....

Thoughts about her chances of getting the nomination? Of winning?

AE

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I simply hope she won't ruin Danilo's chances, as he is a very capable candidate...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
she is exactly in the middle, not "one of the last positions".
machista.

;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Danilo lost last time around, because he has the charisma of a wet fish.
People vote for personalities and party color, it has almost zero to do with the candidates capabilities or policies.

I have a feeling Margarita will be the PLD runner :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i expresed my opinion before: dominicans vote on money, priledges and benefits. PLD can offer this so whoever the party choses will win.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
she is exactly in the middle, not "one of the last positions".
machista.

;)

Se fue mama!!! First Dominican lady Margarita Cedeno no running any more.... She will take care of her family as a good Dominican woman.

Se le estan acabando las enllabaduras a algunos amigos mio aqui en estos forums.:pirate:

JJ

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
I have a feeling Margarita will be the PLD runner :)
I am very glad Margarita dropped out of the race, so Danilo will have the chance to defeat Hippolito (maybe ? hopefully ?)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Se fue mama!!! First Dominican lady Margarita Cedeno no running any more.... She will take care of her family as a good Dominican woman.

Se le estan acabando las enllabaduras a algunos amigos mio aqui en estos forums.:pirate:

JJ

JJ, I'm also glad she's not running....but not for the same reason as you!!!!! My goodness, it's 2011. Women do more than take care of their families, I wonder if your wife would agree with your comment, LOL

AE

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
This is unbelievable...something is definitely cooking in The DR and we (the common folks) have no clue. Why would she not run when she could easily defeat Hippo if Leonel and The PLD put all their support and the government apparatus behind her? I can kind of understand Leonel not running (even though he would have won again and his reputation would not really been THAT damaged as some people would have you believe). Why would The PLD take this chance to let The PRD back in power? We all know Danilo can't beat anyone let alone Hippo (he has no charisma and Leonel does not fully support him). Maybe Albulquerque will be positioned to hold the post until Leonel can return in 2016? I smell a rat somewhere...just can't quite put my finger on what the deal is.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
... Why would she not run when she could easily defeat Hippo...
This is exactly the point, she's out because there was no way she would win facing Papa...

We all know Danilo can't beat anyone let alone Hippo (he has no charisma and Leonel does not fully support him).
I am not so sure, but time will tell... While I personally favor Danilo, I believe that big money is behind Papa this time... We still have a year to go, so things might change...

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
This is exactly the point, she's out because there was no way she would win facing Papa...

Just our opinion I guess, but I believe if Leonel had put his full support and all of the government money behind her like they usually do, she could easily beat Hippo. Remember Hippo is very discredited in a large segment of the population and specially in the larger cities the only way he could win is if he goes against a very weak candidate such as Danilo. Something just doesn't jive here...Why would The Fernandez just give up power when they could have easily held on to it with either one of them? Follow the money...what do they have to gain from all of this? Believe me I'm pretty sure their motives are not all that altruistic and for the good of the nation...

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Suarezn, when I clicked on the "dislike" button, I didn't mean that I dislike you or what you say, but only that I disagree... The new system lacks subtlety...
Anyway, I believe both Danilo and Hippolito are stronger than in 2000, so you need to update your logic.
Leonel is not a fool, he understood he would not legally win, so he backed off...
As of his wife, it looks like she could not handle the pressure... Not easy to be the blank of so many critics... (I know I would not enjoy it...)
Once again, in spite of my support for Danilo, I see Hippolito as the winner...

Mariot

Oct 13, 2009
This is unbelievable...something is definitely cooking in The DR and we (the common folks) have no clue. Why would she not run when she could easily defeat Hippo if Leonel and The PLD put all their support and the government apparatus behind her? I can kind of understand Leonel not running (even though he would have won again and his reputation would not really been THAT damaged as some people would have you believe). Why would The PLD take this chance to let The PRD back in power? We all know Danilo can't beat anyone let alone Hippo (he has no charisma and Leonel does not fully support him). Maybe Albulquerque will be positioned to hold the post until Leonel can return in 2016? I smell a rat somewhere...just can't quite put my finger on what the deal is.

a second defeat against hippolito might destroy danilos reputation and therefore eliminate him as an inner party rival. if hippolito wins and his presidency ends up in total disaster like all prd presidencies have so far, people will gladly welcome leonel back as their savior, while right now, they are kind of tired of him and the pld. if anything, they are seen as the lesser of two evils, and this might very well get worse over the course of another presidency, especially if the president is considered a puppet of leonel. after a prd fiasco, people might even be open for another change of the constitution. if margarita would have been beaten by hippolito, it would have reflected badly upon leonel. hippolito throwing dirt at his wife and slandering leonels family trying to appeal to dominican machismo could have made a laughing stock of the fernandez name, ruining leonels political future.