Cheapest car rental in Santiago?

Cltaylor23

Feb 17, 2010
Title pretty much explains it all. I'm looking for a car rental in Santiago (STI) from this Thursday (4/14) until the second Wednesday night after (4/27). I'm not too concerned with the type of vehicle and all that as long as it runs, I just want the lowest price possible. Anyone know a company or even an individual that would give me a great rate?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
First of all you must have proper insurance, if in an accident you will have mucho problemas if not. For the best price go to orbitz or travelocity and compare. I usually end up at alamo or budget with the best price but you will pay as much for insurance as you will for the car. And if you have never driven in the D.R. you need to be aware of the possible difficulties.

Cltaylor23

Feb 17, 2010
I've driven in DR I know how it goes. I was just checking to see if maybe someone knew a local place or something that gives good deals. I was looking for something along the lines of $20 a day. I'll probably end up calling some people I know out there and have them find me a car but I figured it couldn't hurt asking.

Title pretty much explains it all. I'm looking for a car rental in Santiago (STI) from this Thursday (4/14) until the second Wednesday night after (4/27). I'm not too concerned with the type of vehicle and all that as long as it runs, I just want the lowest price possible. Anyone know a company or even an individual that would give me a great rate?

You can go online and check out the major companies. If you rent with a visa card you can waive the insurance and you can get a car for anywhere between 18-35 a day. I will only use the larger companies and prefer Budget and Avis. I used to rent from the smaller agencies because you do get more car for your buck but you will have more headaches than you care to have if you have an accident or something with the smaller companies. I also had a small company steal their car back from me and tried to have me pay the entire cost of vehicle. Spend a few extra dollars and keep your piece of mind.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Nelly is cheap and some dude told me of a couple other cheaper places BUT they want to hold your passport. If I were you I d rent online with Budget and then have them pick you up at the airport.

Lowest price is the subcompact auto or manual same price. Crappy radio but all have AC.

Cheaper upfront is a problem because they will pad the bill when you bring the car back. Ask one of your friends to rent their car from them.